SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192
Default attractants and scents.......

Thinks 69, scent bombs, etc......this stuff work? What do you put in a scrap or on a rub?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

Code blue dink and hang it on scent hangers.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:49 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

dont buy any of the shelf stuff. it may stop a deer because of curiosity but most of that stuff is so old it smells like rotten pee. take some tinks or code blue and pour it in a clear bottle. looks nothing like urine. bust a doe bladder and look at the urine not even close. check out these guys me and a few other hunters i know use it and have good results. http://www.blackwidowdeerlures.com/ the thing that got me trying their sent is they take urine from southern and northern deer. kinda made sense to me.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:01 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Thinks 69, scent bombs, etc......this stuff work? What do you put in a scrap or on a rub?
We've tried lots of products over the years. The sex based attractants never succeeded for us. Not a single time.

We've had a lot of success baiting midwestern deer with food. A pile of corn is a favorite. Salt blocks work too. We have not had much success with hay.

In states where baiting with placed food is illegal, and even where it is allowed, food plots have also worked well for us, but need to be timed to be appealing during the hunting season. We developed a mix of turnips, winter rye, and clover that when planted in August would be at the peak of appeal when gun season opened in Late November/Early December. Planting apple trees also works to perfection for those willing to wait and targeting deer as the apples come ripe. Pear trees are an even bigger draw.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Redfish

Cash: 740

Get a Kennedy game calls "dirty little doe" call. Better than any scent out. Go to bayoubucks.com and look at the testimonials. Use it during the rut and the bucks will be coming in. If you must have a scent then get ever calm or vs-1.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

They don't work. Leave a rub alone and pee in a scrape youself. Scrape aren't really worth hunting, 95% of scrape activity occurs at night. A hot rub line is better than hunting scrapes. Best bet is to find the does and stay with them. You will see your buck during rut if you are on the does.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
They don't work. Leave a rub alone and pee in a scrape youself. Scrape aren't really worth hunting, 95% of scrape activity occurs at night. A hot rub line is better than hunting scrapes. Best bet is to find the does and stay with them. You will see your buck during rut if you are on the does.

I've heard this before.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
I use fresh doe pee from a guy that lives a few miles from me, he raises deer and is also set up so that he can collect there urine but doesn't sell to public, he sells it at that hunting place off of I-49 before you get to Opelousas for $20 a bottle but it goes fast, I got some the other day and there were like 6 bottles left. Works pretty good too, I put some on a drag rag and a big spike was following where I had dragged it.