SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Default Who here has gained from this site?

Just a show of "hands," how many people have benefitted(sp?) from the SC?

No bashing, please! I just want your honest answers! Let's put an old dog to rest with this thread!

Personally, I've learned great volumes of fishing tips and met some truly generous, caring people online and in person!

The SC community has a great part of my daily life and not just in posts in the multitude of forums. Thanks to the creators and to those who make it what it has become!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post

No bashing, please! I just want your honest answers! Let's put an old dog to rest with this thread!

Personally, I've learned great volumes of fishing tips and met some truly generous, caring people online and in person!

The SC community has a great part of my daily life and not just in posts in the multitude of forums. Thanks to the creators and to those who make it what it has become!
X2
Old 11-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

Quote:

Both hands up here, bro! u nailed it!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

This site is the best fishing forum in la. I have learned a bunch from the guys I have met on here. 100% Saltycajun. If a Saltycajun wants to fish sat pm me.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,581

i like you guys...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 11-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,329

Quote:

yea, SC meet and greet was a blast also....go to meet and fish with the one and only "BOOGER"...Met "Fishinpox"....ASR(who i used to like until i realized his M.O is to PURPOSELY aggravate people) Food was good...ever since i moved up north this site is like my ilttle taste of home everyday, seeing all the fishing reports and talking about the Tigers...GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE HERE!!!

but dont get me wrong....a couple of you guys are douche bags....im just playin....but not really though...
Old 11-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk-Rich View Post
yea, SC meet and greet was a blast also....go to meet and fish with the one and only "BOOGER"...Met "Fishinpox"....ASR(who i used to like until i realized his M.O is to PURPOSELY aggravate people) Food was good...ever since i moved up north this site is like my ilttle taste of home everyday, seeing all the fishing reports and talking about the Tigers...GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE HERE!!!

but dont get me wrong....a couple of you guys are my idols....im just sayin'....really...
Old 11-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcast View Post
This site is the best fishing forum in la. I have learned a bunch from the guys I have met on here. 100% Saltycajun. If a Saltycajun wants to fish sat pm me.
pm sent!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

I've only fished w/ one of the members here. the ole miss gathering at petes was da bomb, as for the rest of it ? Oh Hell why not? LMAO
Old 11-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I've only fished w/ one of the members here. the ole miss gathering at petes was da bomb, as for the rest of it ? Oh Hell why not? LMAO
I'm honored to have been that sc guy ya fished with! I'm also eternally grateful since your help has provided my dad and I with memories that would not have otherwise existed!!!!!! My hats off to ya!

Also, thanks for the business connections too!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,567

I've met some great folks, and have seen how truly generous and good-hearted many of you are more times than once. I'm proud to know you all.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:32 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

have I benefited from this site? IDK, I would like the enjoyment of reading more fishing reports and hunting reports, I could care less about the sports reports but I guess LSU football is cajun too, I just rather be fishing instead of watching a football game! I've had a little help with fishing reports out of the Hopedale and shell beach area, I would like to wade fish in Lake Calcasieu one day hopefully someone can help me with that too! I'm going to Hopedale this weekend if anyone wants a report I'll write one!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Blue Marlin

LP, write it!!! It's likely the only taste of Hopdale I'll get this weekend!!! Lol! Wanna go BAD! Family still comes first though and I think they've got me locked up!

You may wanna fry Lake Ameda. I had someone drop me a line the other day that said the reefs there are doing well!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Banned

I will have to write up a couple paragraphs in the AM to answer this one correctly, short answer is yes.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

I have gained priceless information and met countless people who are really cool, from this site. I feel like this site has helped make me into the saltwater fisherman I am today. There are times as of late that I feel like the sports threads have pushed the fishing threads aside because of their volume. That is just part of it and I say more power to you. I just wish the new posts wouldn't be sent to the archives so Salty can listen to himself type.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediumheavyaction6'6 View Post
I have gained priceless information and met countless people who are really cool, from this site. I feel like this site has helped make me into the saltwater fisherman I am today. There are times as of late that I feel like the sports threads have pushed the fishing threads aside because of their volume. That is just part of it and I say more power to you. I just wish the new posts wouldn't be sent to the archives so Salty can listen to himself type.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 PM
King Mackeral

yeah some of that doesn't make sense
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,581

Quote:
yeah some of that doesn't make sense
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
King Mackeral

I still love you Salty
Old 11-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Great White

Quote:
I still love you Salty
Me too, buddy.