SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:35 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662
Default new viper rod blank

hi guys
this is the new blue viper rod blank, photo is not to good but it gives you an idea as to what it looks like, it also comes in a silver model.
this blank would make a nice waderstix.let me know what ya think
stix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new viper blank 011.jpg (96.4 KB, 71 views)
Old 08-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

thats bad azz.....can u make those in a 7' 6"?
Old 08-30-2009, 06:47 PM
*****Cajun *******

no they only come in 7ft.
but there is something to take into consederation on this or any rod that i build you are looking at the 7ft6 for distance i assume i can show you how and why a 7ft spiral will out cast a 7ft6 regular built rod if you would allow me the honorthis gets complicated and i am not good at typing.
but take in mind that i will build this rod with a 7 in lower grip now by doing so you have not only gained as much as 3 inches of fishing rod on the upper end simply because you have lowered the reel approx 3 inch from say a factory build asuming it is a standard "10 " grip now next get the spiral balanced correctlyalmost every customer that i have has told me that they have found that after using the billystix spiral the casting distance becomes greater with less effort, now i ask every customer that i have after about a month to give me a personal review of the billystix spiral rod's performance because i want to be sure that if i tell a lie it is a true lie and not one that i made up and one of the questions that i ask is "how do you find the casting distance compares with your other rods" and this is when i get the distance answer "i can out cast any rod that i own with the billystix spiral" so my point is you just might be happy with this blue viper and when i get it wrapped it is going to roll somebodys scks up.now give me your thoughts on cork vs hypolon, i am thinking hypolon due to the color and just the color, what do you and the others think please chime in and let me know.
stix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new viper blank 031.jpg (97.9 KB, 56 views)
Old 08-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

I would have to say the black goes great with that blue....do you know how much your going to sell these for?It would also look sweet with the cutaway on the rear but kinda like the castaway skeleton for example.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:49 PM
*****Cajun *******

i believe the build cost is going to be about $250 but i am going to do some talking tomorrow with my guys at american tackle to see what my volume buy would need to be to get the volume price, i truly believe they will go if i can get the price at a better level.
now please give me some ideas as to what i would want to shoot for as far as a selling price on this rod this way i can know up front what kind of volum i need to work with.
stix
Old 08-31-2009, 02:13 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

I vote for the cork!
Old 08-31-2009, 02:43 PM
*****Cajun *******

i can do the cork no problem, but good cork is going to keep the price up there a bit, if i had some serious lookers i think i might bite the bullet and build a couple of these just for the advertising in other words cut my profit down quite a bit, so if any one is truly looking let me know and i will see what i can do for a serious buyer.
stix