SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139
Default Toledo question

Are there any beaches in Toledo bend to go swimming at
Old 07-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

San Miguel park has one.

http://www.toledo-bend.com/toledo_be...?request=sra_7
Old 07-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,320

I believe all the SRA and State Parks have them
Old 07-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139

Thanks guys
Old 07-01-2012, 04:11 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

If you are staying on the south side there is a fantastic beach just on the south side of the dam. There is a good parking area but no bathrooms. If you go across dam to the texas side just past (and i mean just past) the dam is a road to your right. At the top of the hill to your left is the parking lot. walk down the hill to the left of the parking lot near the trees and there is the beach. it is about a 50-100 yard walk so pack lightly. Wear shoes or sandals down as it is a dirt/rock/stick/sand/mud path. There are trash cans along the beach so no need to haul out your trash or empty cans.

Now, if you go 1/2 mile past the dam and turn right on Hwy 255 there is a state recreation area that has a couple picnic pavilions, bathrooms and some beach. Not as much beach as the other place next to the dam though.

I think Cypress Bend has a beach. Also, Bass Haven has a pool that you can pay a fee to swim in.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Cypress Bend has a nice beach. Cost to get in though.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

In this heat the best place to swim is on the downstream side of the dam! Flowing cold water!

Coming from South Toledo Bend State Park on 191 you would pass the dam. About 4/10's of a mile past the dam there is an entrance/exit on your left. Take the road down about .5 mile. There is a place where that stream necks down.....There are a bunch of huge boulders, wading pools and places to just lay down in the water. I have never seen a better place to swim. It is flowing colllldddd water. It will revive you to say the least. You really got to try it. Look at the attachment. You can see where the rocks neck down the stream. That is where you want to be. The flow of water is increased big time right there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide1.jpg (81.0 KB, 73 views)
Old 07-03-2012, 05:47 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck enticer View Post
In this heat the best place to swim is on the downstream side of the dam! Flowing cold water!

Coming from South Toledo Bend State Park on 191 you would pass the dam. About 4/10's of a mile past the dam there is an entrance/exit on your left. Take the road down about .5 mile. There is a place where that stream necks down.....There are a bunch of huge boulders, wading pools and places to just lay down in the water. I have never seen a better place to swim. It is flowing colllldddd water. It will revive you to say the least. You really got to try it. Look at the attachment. You can see where the rocks neck down the stream. That is where you want to be. The flow of water is increased big time right there.

x 1,000,000,000 -- but the water can have a very sour sulfur smell to it at times.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:48 PM
King Mackeral

oh, and if you do go bring some inter tubes with you and ride the rapids -- mucho fun!