SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962
Default Drive shaft on 2007 2 wheel tundra.

Guys

I had 2 bad u joints on my tundra. Had u joints changed. Now i seem to have a vibration when i drive.. Mechanic made marks to line up the 2 shafts the same way.

Then he indicated this model did NOT need to do it. He said It's the same either way.

Anybody know if that's correct?

I went back and he checked the u joints. Asked him about the lining up the drive shaft the same way. He said it was my tires, or my drive shaft out of balance. He told me I'd be without my truck for 2 days. He said it would take that long to see if my drive-shaft was out of balance. We did notice my tires didn't have any weights left on them.

I went had my tires balanced again.. I have factory rims .. They need the glue on weights.

My truck throws weight alot..

Anybody know of a shop that checks the balance of your drive shaft in the Lafayette area. I want to bring it there myself.

Or does it really matter about lining up the yokes splines and the 2 shafts the same way on a 2007 toyo tundra 2 wheel drive?

Thks

Gunner
Old 09-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

well he may have used the wrong sized u-joints or not centered or seated them correctly or it could be damage caused by the old u-joints, if they were bad enough to bang around then they could have caused the drive shaft to get out of whack.

how long have you had this truck and was anything wrong with it before the u-joint replacement? if it was trouble free go to a different shop and have them replace the u-joints again, maybe something was wrong with the u-joints they used or maybe they mounted the yokes on the wrong side.

if he marked it he should have replaced it in the same position regardless if he needed to or not.

crawl under the truck and see if the marks are on opposite sides, if so then I bet that is your whole problem and they may be trying to make more money off of you while fixing their mistake.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Flounder

Cash: 663

you have to have the yokes in phase check at us drive line i think there on willow st.