SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 03-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 538

Yes water pressure has come up a lot on the water pump and it sips gas they have listened to some one for sure they have made some great improvements on these motors. That is very impressive for a 25hp for sure mid 30s that's awesome.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
I have run that same unit since last year. I can't find anything I don't like about it. I love everything on the tiller, a LONG tiller.
I got a chance to run a NEW 25hp 4 stroke Tohatsu. It was a rocket. I was very impressed, seems like Tohatsu is listening to it's customers. The 25 on a 1544 AlWeld ran 34 mph with just me, banging on the rev limiter, put Kyle (275+#) on the front deck, motor ran 32.4 mph still on the rev limiter. With a little setup time and the right prop, this will be a legitimate mid 30 mph boat loaded for fishing. It is almost running stock 40hp speeds. That's impressive compared to anything else on the market today. Doubly impressive for a 4 stroke. From dead stop to on plane was just as quick as the 40-50 tohatsu, I was impressed. For the guy that is in love with fishing Miami Corp, this would be the motor to have. I didn't have a chance to measure water pressure, but it was light years stronger than the old 2 stroke tohatsu. I plan on data testing this unit for Lake Area. The numbers will be interesting. I throw that out there for guys thinking about buying a 25 and just don't know where to start looking. Start with this one and then compare everything else to it.
D
Your posts always make me want to buy stuff I don't need.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt coonassty View Post
Your posts always make me want to buy stuff I don't need.
Agreed
Old 03-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Redfish

Cash: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
I have run that same unit since last year. I can't find anything I don't like about it. I love everything on the tiller, a LONG tiller.
I got a chance to run a NEW 25hp 4 stroke Tohatsu. It was a rocket. I was very impressed, seems like Tohatsu is listening to it's customers. The 25 on a 1544 AlWeld ran 34 mph with just me, banging on the rev limiter, put Kyle (275+#) on the front deck, motor ran 32.4 mph still on the rev limiter. With a little setup time and the right prop, this will be a legitimate mid 30 mph boat loaded for fishing. It is almost running stock 40hp speeds. That's impressive compared to anything else on the market today. Doubly impressive for a 4 stroke. From dead stop to on plane was just as quick as the 40-50 tohatsu, I was impressed. For the guy that is in love with fishing Miami Corp, this would be the motor to have. I didn't have a chance to measure water pressure, but it was light years stronger than the old 2 stroke tohatsu. I plan on data testing this unit for Lake Area. The numbers will be interesting. I throw that out there for guys thinking about buying a 25 and just don't know where to start looking. Start with this one and then compare everything else to it.
D
Have you ran the new 25hp on a 1648 alweld yet? Whould love to put one onto boat.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,063

I have a 40 TLDI on my 18x48 Eric boat and I'm doing 39. 14 pitch powertech prop. Best motor I have ever owned. Hands down. It's the bomb.com
Old 03-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 538

Yes they are listening to the customers for sure they have made a lot of changes and its all positive. I love the
Big tiller handle as well my new prop will be in next week Kyle thought he had one but he didn't. I think it will handle the 16 and increase speed a little as well hope so any way don't won't to loose hole shot for speed hopefully it will preform like a champ. What tachs do people use on these motors will a tiny tach work are is there something else?
Old 03-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

Id assume tiny tach would be fine.