SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022
Default Is anyone having problems with Ford F150 leaking water in cab

This is the last F150 I will buy.
Truck 1 yr 9 months old and when it rains my plastic huskey liner floor pans fill up with 2" of water and my carpet soaked. During one storm the water was over flowing from my huskey liner on the carpet. It wasn't a drip it was a flow of water from under my dash.

Thought it was the AC condensor so took it to the Robinson Brothers Ford where I bought the truck. Found out not covered under warranty. Ford told me tuff luck even though the seal defective it and it is their fault the seal doesn't fall under the Ford warranty. I asked does it fall under my Ford Extended Service Plan they said, No!

Ended up filing a claim with State Farm and they are fixing the damage.

After 4 Fords in 14 years I am done buying F150's.

Ready to buy a new truck in 3 months and it will be a Dodge Ram with Hemi.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

You have trees at home don't you. That "screen" below your windsheild has drains on either side. They're clogged. They run just to the inside of the fenders.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Blue Marlin

Sucks Ford is screwing with you
Old 08-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Claim it and wait for a dry day and trade it in. Let the next dealer have the headache. That ins check may make a nice down payment!

Or, bring it to me!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,393

Could be the windshield leaking. Take it to a glass shop. If its , they can cut it out and re-urethane it
Old 08-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Its not weather or tree junk. They found the problem its a seal that just was bad has nothing to do with windshield its in another spot. The seal was bad, but not written in their new vehicle or Ford Extended Warranty. Robinson Brothers running away saying well its a seal and they go bad. I guess Ford not made to last more than 1 yr before they start leaking. Ford excuse is that seals break and since its a body issue they will not cover it. They charged me $484.00 to replace the seal and state farm 100% on the interior flood damage. So much for Ford standing behind their trucks.

One trip to Lafayette my wives feet got wetter in the truck than walking from the parking lot at Academy on Ambassador into the store.

Like I told the guy I am driving a Dodge Ram 4-door with a Hemi for a rental and I am really impressed with the truck. Rides 110% better than my 2009 Ford. In three months my payoff will be enough to trade it in on a Dodge Ram.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast View Post
Could be the windshield leaking. Take it to a glass shop. If its , they can cut it out and re-urethane it
Or just use a hose to put a little [not very much] water around the window seal and see if it leaks.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Blue Marlin

Well, good choice. You can't ever go wrong with a Dodge!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsch1 View Post
This is the last F150 I will buy.
Truck 1 yr 9 months old and when it rains my plastic huskey liner floor pans fill up with 2" of water and my carpet soaked. During one storm the water was over flowing from my huskey liner on the carpet. It wasn't a drip it was a flow of water from under my dash.

Thought it was the AC condensor so took it to the Robinson Brothers Ford where I bought the truck. Found out not covered under warranty. Ford told me tuff luck even though the seal defective it and it is their fault the seal doesn't fall under the Ford warranty. I asked does it fall under my Ford Extended Service Plan they said, No!

Ended up filing a claim with State Farm and they are fixing the damage.

After 4 Fords in 14 years I am done buying F150's.

Ready to buy a new truck in 3 months and it will be a Dodge Ram with Hemi.
Is SF willing to subrogate against Ford or the Dealership? Might suggest this to the adjuster.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Flounder

Cash: 994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Is SF willing to subrogate against Ford or the Dealership? Might suggest this to the adjuster.
Definetely sounds like an insurance guy to me!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Trophy Trout

State Farm doing well taking care of me.
They understand and agree that this sounds fishey like Fords walking away from their problem. They got their procedures to go through.

Personally I feel Ford should cover it. The dealer admitted its a bad seal.
Sad part is I am not the only one probably with a bad seal.
Ford is refusing to cover it due to not in the language of their warranty.
Not worth fighting.

I am just going to try Dodge Ram and in 2 to 3 years if they take care of me then I will buy another one. Ford likes to sell trucks, but their service is horriable.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

im suprised , i bought a few trucks from robinson brothers they ave always bent over backwards for me . i drove this last truck for a week b4 i realized i forgot to give them the check for it!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Bought my king ranch from Robinson bros. Andy Perrino was the salesman. Great service when I bought mine. You wanna make them boys jump, report them to the BBB. Had a nightmare of a time with bohn. Bought my wife a new Acadia and within 3 weeks in was in the shop 4 times for a sun roof leak and engine problems. They wouldn't do anything. A friend of mine is a GM of a dealership, he said report them. I did and within a day the company that owns bohn bros was calling me.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

My 05 Ford leaks around the 3rd brake light . Had to seal it up with silicone .
Old 08-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Mine would get water under the back seats. There was some bolt that broke off and water spray would come up & soak into the carpet. Has carpet ripped out and redone. Ford covers it bc the bolt broke off.
Also my gas tank hose connection broke and I was leaking gas for 2 weeks. It only leaked when i was driving and fuel was being pumped to engine. I didn't realize there was a leak until it went to the shop for an oil change and it was leaking on the guys under the truck ...... Took it to bill hood in Hammond ..... Wouldn't cover it.
Got it fixed 400$..... 3 days later got rear ended and tank had a puncture hole in it.
Insurance fixed truck & tank.
Ended up trading truck soon after.

Now ford is issuing a recall on ford f150 fuel tanks..... Go figure.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Wes was my salesman.
My service has been horrible with Robinson brothers.
Air sensors on my tires went out Chad lambert service writer said it was not covered and cost $275 ea to replace. Called ford and it was covered. Next week another tire pressure has same issue with Chad. Had to call ford again and they had no issue in fixing it. I have dealt with David monk for years at Allstar ford and he was great. They even beat tire stores on tires. Robinson brothers once wes sold me the truck it was good luck not our problem.

Not worth the aggravation of paying 30,000 for a truck that smells moldy, carpet wet, have to get out in the rain to drain floor pan, and ford/ Robinson brothers walks away from it and truck not even 2 years old. That not good service to me.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 910

It's NOT a wear and tear item. I have no idea why they would not cover under warranty. You need me to send The Iron Man over there to speak to some knee caps?
Old 08-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalesdave View Post
It's NOT a wear and tear item. I have no idea why they would not cover under warranty. You need me to send The Iron Man over there to speak to some knee caps?
No doubt Ole' "I"ron man AKA Wyatt Earp will handle things! lol
Old 08-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

For a 1/2 ton get CHEVY Silverdao......Dodge will go out at 75K miles and well Ford is still Ford! I laugh when people say I am not getting a Chevy since OBAMA had to bail them out. Well if that is case, I guess none these same people got bank loans when Bush had to bail the banks/wall street out! BTW, I am not an OBAMA fan!

Last edited by all star rod; 08-05-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalesdave View Post
Service manager and Chad lambert said it is what it is.
Ford said not their problem even though the seal bad due to not written in warranty not mechanical.
Jack new car sales manager said it's a ford what do you expect they break. It's a seal and they go what do you expect? I said for ford to build a truck that last 3 years
He laughed. It's not funny to me

I would run from Robinson brothers they act like oh well it's my problem.

Funny in a down economy they wanted my business.
Never again these guys are A 1 selzy salespeople
Live up to car saleman image true scum