SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 01-22-2014, 04:32 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default Blood Tracking Dog

Against my better judgement, looks like I will be selling my blood trailing dog. This is not 100% a sure thing, but I am leaning to it. Pancho is a castrated Jagdterrier that is about 7 years old. He simply loves to hunt, and for that matter, can not be around a house with cats/chickens/pet squirrels or anything else that you do not want to see dead. He does not like bad weather, deep water, or loud noises. You can shoot over him if you have a wounded deer, but if you take him on a dove hunt or have a 4th of July firework celebration he will try to hide in a hole. He is kennel kept, very playful, and loves kids. He no longer hunts wild pigs becuase he tries to catch them and will get himself killed in the process (it's a bloody mess trust me). He is only kill aggressive with pigs and varmits, but will chase cats and such. I'm almost 100% positive if he has the chance, they will be pushing up daisies also!

He works on a lead while on track, mostly to slow him down and we can keep up. Actually works better with kids tracking since they usually move faster. Will track off lead, but you may want to invest in a tracking collar if doing so. He will roll out on a wounded animal and you will not call him off. I have released him on mortally wounded deer that were trying to get up in view of us and he has caught everytime. Very easy keep dog, does not eat much and is just a fun little dog to be around. Kids use him to pull them on skateboards and bikes.

I have to make room in my kennels for a new police K9, and he is my only option. Decided to post it here, and not classified because I don't want to sell him to just anyone. Would be good addition to a bow hunting family with kids in the country. I still have to make some decisions, so this is not a 100% done deal. If it does go down, it will take $750 to get him.

I am open to discussion or questions and I have tried to represent the dog to the best of my ability. (By the way, he does do well inside the house also).
Old 01-22-2014, 06:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Toughest pound for pound dog out there.