SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:33 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

If our marsh grass guys would worry more about land loss along the ship channel than some saltwater in a saltwater marsh then we could get somewhere

Steam engine island will be gone in a few years, super cut islands are gone north and south west cove entrance are getting wider, long point island is smaller

Real things like this
Old 09-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
I try and stay out the political side of it. I Will catch fish either way.
That is why the weirs are closed political not logical

Save duck grass= good hunting = $$$$$
Old 09-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big pond View Post
Just some info for everybody to take as u want my family settled in big lake in the middle 1800s the lake was a large marsh lake withe average depth of 2 to 3 foot it was filled with lily pads and many bass there were cypress trees in the northern end if u go into the far reaches of turners where it is shallow and look hard and pole around u can still feel some of the old stumps.my great grandfather had told me it was filled with many tropical and colorful birds. Which is the reason they came here they made a living shooting these birds and sending the colored feathers back to new York to make women's hats and clothes the calc river was shallow and always flowed out. Then the ship channell changed everything

You should ask them about duhon shell druge, cause in the 50-65' they took every bit of shell and mud out the lake and westcove !!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

Quote:
And I have a 4 year degree, Ag, and wildlife!!! From mcneese!! So been studying the west marsh for 10 year's since I got out of school. but what do I know??
Way more than me on this topic...I assume...

What arguement can you present to Duckbutt regarding his theory other than are "Are we doing the right thing"? What is the right thing? Yes mother nature will rebuild but at what rate? Will it be significant enough to combat what is supposedly being lost?

I don't know.

Thats why a collective assement from all sources need to be considered.

Again what do i know.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Way more than me on this topic...I assume...

What arguement can you present to Duckbutt regarding his theory other than are "Are we doing the right thing"? What is the right thing? Yes mother nature will rebuild but at what rate? Will it be significant enough to combat what is supposedly being lost?

I don't know.

Thats why a collective assement from all sources need to be considered.

Again what do i know.
That's a hard one to answer too, me personally let nature do it's thing. But with all the leaves and dams and locks up the rivers, it's hard to say what's best, cause just like our grandparents and there parents didn't know what effect what they did on it...
Old 09-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
That's a hard one to answer too, me personally let nature do it's thing. But with all the leaves and dams and locks up the rivers, it's hard to say what's best, cause just like our grandparents and there parents didn't know what effect what they did on it...
Agreed. The channel is crucial for the survival of our economy in southwest LA.

I for one make a living based on industries which utilize the channel for shippng and recieving various products.

Our fore fathers made a critical error, now whats steps do we take to minimize the known issue?

Or is too far gone?
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
If our marsh grass guys would worry more about land loss along the ship channel than some saltwater in a saltwater marsh then we could get somewhere

Steam engine island will be gone in a few years, super cut islands are gone north and south west cove entrance are getting wider, long point island is smaller

Real things like this
Only thing you can do to save those islands is put rocks around em
Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Quote:

Real things like this
Hey smalls what does that tell ya? Things are changing an you can't do nothing about it. I'm going to laugh when you're the last one standing scratching your head while everyone else has accepted change an learned to adapt. A matter of fact it's already happening look at your catch totals lately an tourney results. So you call your self a guide? Ya outta see if you piggyback off jadams if your going to make it in the business short one.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickfish View Post
Hey smalls what does that tell ya? Things are changing an you can't do nothing about it. I'm going to laugh when you're the last one standing scratching your head while everyone else has accepted change an learned to adapt. A matter of fact it's already happening look at your catch totals lately an tourney results. So you call your self a guide? Ya outta see if you piggyback off jadams if your going to make it in the business short one.
Look my duck ^^^^

O my guide business is doing fine!!! Booked 4 out of 7 days off for next 3 months @ $525 a pop!!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Look my duck ^^^^

O my guide business is doing fine!!! Booked 4 out of 7 days off for next 3 months @ $525 a pop!!
That's fantastic!!! How about posting up honest daily pics an reports for the next three months on your charters? Seems like a fishing site would be a great place to promote your services.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
That's fantastic!!! How about posting up honest daily pics an reports for the next three months on your charters? Seems like a fishing site would be a great place to promote your services.
Go to my facebook u can get them daily
Old 09-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Go to my facebook u can get them daily
so you don't like promoting your GUIDE BUSINES on salty cajun? Jadams does.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007
Default Exactly

[QUOTE="W";628280]That is why the weirs are closed political not logica

Save duck grass= good hunting = $$$$$[/QUOTE
Old 09-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Facts? What facts do I need to present to you about a river system that you know little about?
In fact (oh there's that word again) I'm looking at a marsh right now that has turned into nothing but a **** hole due to saltwater north of the Barrier
You said "Infact" and then stated nothing factual. I was honestly wondering what the fact was.

To make a legitimate fact based statement you must state something and then back it up with a supporting fact. For example, "In fact the saltwater barrier doesn't keep saltwater out like most people think. It is a structure engineered and designed primarily to control drastic tides and surges rather than the infamous everyday salt intrusion from the south. "

I have no idea if the above is true, but that is the type of response an educated person would give when trying to state a fact or make a point. Work on that before you go take your LEAP test this year little Johnny.

Seems like you know little about your own marsh other than when your daddy takes you fishing you catch saltwater fish.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
so you don't like promoting your GUIDE BUSINES on salty cajun? Jadams does.
Im not JAdams am I??? I stay book with more trips than I can run!!

So next question?

Your shirt is coming
Old 09-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Im not JAdams am I???
FAR FROM IT!! Keep up the good fight.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Stulb- they have know clue what we know

But we do know saltwater in a saltwater marsh is a horrible sin
Old 09-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
You said "Infact" and then stated nothing factual. I was honestly wondering what the fact was.

To make a legitimate fact based statement you must state something and then back it up with a supporting fact. For example, "In fact the saltwater barrier doesn't keep saltwater out like most people think. It is a structure engineered and designed primarily to control drastic tides and surges rather than the infamous everyday salt intrusion from the south. "

I have no idea if the above is true, but that is the type of response an educated person would give when trying to state a fact or make a point. Work on that before you go take your LEAP test this year little Johnny.

Seems like you know little about your own marsh other than when your daddy takes you fishing you catch saltwater fish.
Don't get mad you can't slap up a limit of trout.. Got this today, darlin'
Funny how You switched to correcting grammatical errors due to your lack of knowledge on the subject. Take a seat ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379472006.346626.jpg
Old 09-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Stulb- they have know clue what we know

But we do know saltwater in a saltwater marsh is a horrible sin
Well dammit let everyone know...what are you afraid of? Maybe enough people pissed will make it change...
Old 09-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Lmao @ Hunting Fool

Dude tossed up a report card