SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 07-27-2010, 01:24 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003
Default Ever get tired of pee bottles????????

I hate em in my box blind so I installed a urinal. Finished it up on Friday. Had a 3' piece of 4" PVC with holes drilled all over the bottom 1/3 of it. Buried her in the ground with a post hole digger. Have a funnel inside the blind with a hose attached and it runs down one leg of the stand and into that pipe. I then filled the pipe most of the way with gravel. Then on top of the gravel I put a piece of old tarp and then buried the last 10 inches or so with dirt and packed it all down. Now I can pee in the funnel and it all goes underground leaving no scent. No more messing with pee bottles.

On a side note, did some scouting at Cleer Creek WMA on Saturday and I am really really pumped for the bow opener!!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

make sure its fer liquids only.... no turds in it !!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

thats a really good idea

you got any pics?

not of it in use of course
Old 07-27-2010, 01:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749

Herd of some guys burying charcoal or lime works real well to keep the scent down also.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:50 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
thats a really good idea

you got any pics?

not of it in use of course

No pics, but it sure is simple. Funnel with hose running through the floor and into the ground/pipe.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
make sure its fer liquids only.... no turds in it !!!!
Note to Feesherman........Don't let Jordan hunt in your stands!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Flounder

Cash: 742

Nice idea Feesherman. I thought of something similar to that, just haven't decided to try it out yet. I thought it was a rather elaborate idea, after all it's just a deerstand, but it would beat the hell out of peeing into empty jugs and juice bottles, and then having to dispose of them. Let us know how it works.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

I usually just pee out the door. No problems yet. Hell, I've killed 5 deer where I had to put my cigarette down. Now this is rifle hunting, not bow. I personally feel that humans don't live in the woods so why would deer associate the scent of ones urine with danger? I feel it would make them curious. I've heard of people that pee in the woods and watch the deer walk right up to the spot and start sniffin. We will never know, will we?
Old 07-27-2010, 06:39 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
I usually just pee out the door. No problems yet. Hell, I've killed 5 deer where I had to put my cigarette down. Now this is rifle hunting, not bow. I personally feel that humans don't live in the woods so why would deer associate the scent of ones urine with danger? I feel it would make them curious. I've heard of people that pee in the woods and watch the deer walk right up to the spot and start sniffin. We will never know, will we?

NO, but we will only act like we do! but seriously all urine contains ammonia and becomes very gaseous even in a small matter of time, the scent travels, even up a tube, so I hope your tube is high enough that the gases never get detected by a deer. I always pee next to someone else's stand! j/k!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

[QUOTE=LPfishnTIM;181676][/COLOR]

NO, but we will only act like we do! but seriously all urine contains ammonia and becomes very gaseous even in a small matter of time, the scent travels, even up a tube, so I hope your tube is high enough that the gases never get detected by a deer. I always pee next to someone else's stand! j/k![/QUOTE]
Old 07-27-2010, 07:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Last year was my first year to deer hunt and I didn't kill but I did see alot of deer within 30 yards that hung around a long time while I was smoking. The first time I used a climber I heard something moving around behind me and got a little anxious and had to pee bad! I dropped my bottle so I peed down the tree and 30 minutes later 2 does stepped out but it got to dark before I could get a shot. I am pumped this year! I'm ready to get that first one under my belt! Not going to wait for that trophy for my first this year!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

We have something similar to what you did. We buried some 5 gallon buckets upside down in the ground with some gravel on the bottom of the hole, drilled a hole in the bottom (now at the top) and have a 3/4" (I think) pvc pipe running through the hole, up the leg of the stand and through the floor, then we have it going to a 2" or 2 1/2" pvc pipe with a 45 on top to help with the aiming, the 45 has a threaded end on it and we have a cap that screws in. So you just unscrew it, take a leak, pour a lil water down the pipe then screw the cap back on. I'll take a few pics when i go to the camp. We've installed these "urinals" in just about every one of our box stands, they work really well.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:17 AM
King Mackeral

Yes I will pour a little water to flush after I pee. I pee off my climber but opening up the door of my box blind is not something I want to do. Too much movement and noise.