SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Crabbing (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1166)

opossum_enicke 06-25-2009 08:54 PM

Crabbing

I am going crabbing with my family saturday. We are going to try South of Hackberry along hwy. 27 and i was just wondering if anyone had some tips on spots i can try out. Any info would be much appreciated.

killa k 06-25-2009 08:57 PM

Call Sabine WR head quarters, they usually know where people are catching down that way 762-3816

Deadly D 06-25-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opossum_enicke (Post 18347)
I am going crabbing with my family saturday. We are going to try South of Hackberry along hwy. 27 and i was just wondering if anyone had some tips on spots i can try out. Any info would be much appreciated.

If you have a boat the are killing them in Lacassine pool (reserve)

"W" 06-25-2009 09:00 PM

Da WEIRS... Da WEIRS....

opossum_enicke 06-26-2009 07:53 PM

Thank yall i really apreciate it.

rosska 06-26-2009 07:59 PM

My brother called me today and said he caught 7-8 dozen crabs at the Lacassine Reserve. He went by himself and caught them in a couple of hours. He said the were not huge but they were a good size. I do not think he was in a boat because he would have fished if he was in a boat.

Goose 06-27-2009 01:16 PM

rosska:

your brother might want to check the regulations before he heads out again, but I think the limit is 5 dozen on a federal reserve....i have been bringing my 3yr. old girl out there to catch them a couple of times and she has a blast!!! not trying to tell him he is wrong but wanting people to know there is a limit before someone gets a ticket!

huntin fool 06-27-2009 01:19 PM

goose

your correct the limit is 5 dozen, if im not mistaken 5 dozen a vehicle.

LittleRob 06-27-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goose (Post 19032)
rosska:

your brother might want to check the regulations before he heads out again, but I think the limit is 5 dozen on a federal reserve....i have been bringing my 3yr. old girl out there to catch them a couple of times and she has a blast!!! not trying to tell him he is wrong but wanting people to know there is a limit before someone gets a ticket!

I talked to a Game Warden at Lacassine, he said thay are not enforcing that reg. they are going with the limit of 12 dozen because they want the crabs out.

Deadly D 06-27-2009 10:09 PM

A Buddy of mine talked with one of the guys and he gave him a lady to talk to with W&f. She told him that it was 12 dozen per person not boat or vehicle . He has it recorded at his fire station

rosska 06-27-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 19208)
A Buddy of mine talked with one of the guys and he gave him a lady to talk to with W&f. She told him that it was 12 dozen per person not boat or vehicle . He has it recorded at his fire station

That is right. My brother spoke to a game warden and he said they were not enforcing the 5 dozen limit. He said it seemed as though you could catch as many as you want because they want them out. He was crabbing out of his though. It is unbelievable how many crabs are being caught down there and how many there still are.

nsoileau 07-01-2009 02:52 AM

what part of Lacassine are yall talking about? Can you crab without a boat over there. I would like to take my son for the 4th.

netmkr 07-01-2009 06:13 AM

does anyone know when shrimp season closes on wildlife refuge or is it going to be open for July 4 for 25 lbs

Gerald 07-01-2009 12:23 PM

The LDWF closed one zone a week or so ago......I think it was zone 2, but not sure.

Zone 3 is still open and no date set for it to close.

Opossum.....did you go??? How did you do?

I gave my crab catching stuff to my neighbors because they are taking the kids South of Hackberry tomorrow.

opossum_enicke 07-02-2009 05:53 PM

Gerald hey man we went and caught all we wanted the size was not the best but we plenty to eat 3 trucks each with 5 dozen.