SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   This ones for salty (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1196)

matt wahl 06-27-2009 02:41 AM

This ones for salty

I decided to try a bomber yesterday evening......They do work. I grabbed a couple out of the cheepy box at walmart. Didnt limit but caught 12 nice ones. No 12 inchers all 16 and over. Line broke off after boating the last one.

Thanks for pushin them salty . gonna use em more!
http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/pict...&pictureid=362

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/pict...&pictureid=361

matt wahl 06-27-2009 02:59 AM

Sorry I lied there were 2 12 inchers.

Salty 06-27-2009 09:24 AM

CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody always told me that if the bait ain't in the fish's mouth...it don't count.

Matt, if you'll take that cork off.....you might catch bigger fish. :D

NICE JOB!

Reel Bender 06-27-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 18899)
CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody always told me that if the bait ain't in the fish's mouth...it don't count.

NICE JOB!

Maybe that's my problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Salty 06-27-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reel Bender (Post 18901)
Maybe that's my problem!!!!!!!!!!!

:*****::*****::*****:

matt wahl 06-27-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 18899)

NICE JOB!

:*****::*****: That was another pole..lol. Thanks tho.

Salty 06-27-2009 12:12 PM

Matt, check out www.lurenet.com. Get you a silver prism/black back and a chartreuse flash in the jointed model. Big Lake trout love 'em.

huntin fool 06-27-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 19007)
Matt, check out www.lurenet.com. Get you a silver prism/black back and a chartreuse flash in the jointed model. Big Lake trout love 'em.

:shaking::shaking:

dbarham 06-27-2009 05:35 PM

thats a wal mart lure isnt it? immitation i got some of them bottom shelf!

Salty 06-27-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarham (Post 19126)
thats a wal mart lure isnt it? immitation i got some of them bottom shelf!

:*****::*****: d, that ain't no "immitation". You can't get the good fish-ketchin' colors at WallyWorld. www.lurenet.com

speckdaddy 06-27-2009 06:10 PM

aint seen that color before salty even on the lurenet.com where ya get em?

dbarham 06-27-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 19128)
:*****::*****: d, that ain't no "immitation". You can't get the good fish-ketchin' colors at WallyWorld. www.lurenet.com

naw Im not being sarchastic they got those at wal mart here on the bottom along with topwaters .I got one like it if i can find it i will post pics.. I guess its a bomber i didnt know who made em!

Salty 06-27-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarham (Post 19132)
naw Im not being sarchastic they got those at wal mart here on the bottom along with topwaters .I got one like it if i can find it i will post pics.. I guess its a bomber i didnt know who made em!

Yeah, Walmart and Academy carry them but not the good colors. I asked the sporting goods manager at our Walmart if he'd order the silver prism/black back. He ordered 2 dozen and they were gone in a day or two so he ordered again. He sold close to 100 of that color in a month. Course, there was a 9+ lb trout mount hanging above the counter with the same bait danglin' from it's mouth.

Austin(boatman's son) 06-27-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 19188)
Yeah, Walmart and Academy carry them but not the good colors. I asked the sporting goods manager at our Walmart if he'd order the silver prism/black back. He ordered 2 dozen and they were gone in a day or two so he ordered again. He sold close to 100 of that color in a month. Course, there was a 9+ lb trout mount hanging above the counter with the same bait danglin' from it's mouth.

When you look closly the bombers and the sand eels are similar. So i say both are good for big lake

Salty 06-27-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin(boatman's son) (Post 19194)
When you look closly the bombers and the sand eels are similar. So i say both are good for big lake

How so?

I never said the eels aren't good on Big Lake. They must be....they seem to be the most popular soft plastic over there.

matt wahl 06-27-2009 10:01 PM

well im gonna get some more of them bombers. I need practice with them though. 6 or 7 of the fish i caught were hooked on the side of the face! I never really fished with hard baits that much. I missed a whole bunch of em..... am I setting to fast or what?

Salty 06-27-2009 10:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If I fished Big Lake on a regular basis.....these are the baits that would be with me. Not necessarily these color patterns, although, the Chartreuse Prism Bomber is one of my favs. For the winter, I'd have to get some Corkys since they seem deadly for big trout.

huntin fool 06-27-2009 10:11 PM

spooks, catches,corkies, sand eels, bombers basically all you need...

salty more and more im looking at these bombers, im sure they have a potential to be deadly on biglake

Salty 06-27-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt wahl (Post 19200)
well im gonna get some more of them bombers. I need practice with them though. 6 or 7 of the fish i caught were hooked on the side of the face! I never really fished with hard baits that much. I missed a whole bunch of em..... am I setting to fast or what?

Matt, it is not unusual to "foul-hook" trout on a Bomber. They don't get a solid shot at the bait like they do a soft plastic or suspending type bait because of the forward speed and wiggle. I use Gamakatsu EWG barbless trebles and I probably hook 75% of 'em outside the mouth. You cannot jerk too hard. You have 6 hooks (I remove the center treble) so you want to take advantage of that by stickin' as many in that fish as possible. Also, if you're gonna fish these baits, you gotta quit grabbin' 'em like in your pics. Either use a Boga or a pair of those aluminum grabbers from Academy along with needle nosed pliers. Those hooks can ruin a trip. A rubber net also eliminates alot of problems with the hooks. It'll take a while to get the hang of it but, when you do, there ain't nothin' like it.

LaAngler 06-27-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 19204)
If I fished Big Lake on a regular basis.....these are the baits that would be with me. Not necessarily these color patterns, although, the Chartreuse Prism Bomber is one of my favs. For the winter, I'd have to get some Corkys since they seem deadly for big trout.

is this color on the website, i like the chart/silver flash but the prism is nice when it's sunny. i need two of these.....

anyone here fish red fins?

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 19210)
spooks, catches,corkies, sand eels, bombers basically all you need...

salty more and more im looking at these bombers, im sure they have a potential to be deadly on biglake

+ sparkle beetles/salty grubs, gold spoon, & gulp