SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yamalube (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1795)

TDaigle 07-28-2009 08:40 PM

Yamalube
 
Does anyone have a place to by Yamalube at a good price? The cheapest I can find is $24 a gallon. I live in the Lafayette area but I go to Houston monthly and fish big lake so Lake Charles is not out of the question.

CatDaddy 07-28-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDaigle (Post 27361)
Does anyone have a place to by Yamalube at a good price? The cheapest I can find is $24 a gallon. I live in the Lafayette area but I go to Houston monthly and fish big lake so Lake Charles is not out of the question.


i used to pick that up at Lafayette Power sports. I used to have a Yamaha Banshee that was a 2-stroke. I dont know where Lafayette Power sports is now.

Im sure you can even get it at a place that sells anything that has to do with Yamaha..

speck-chaser 07-28-2009 10:10 PM

yamalube
 
Iberia outboard on hwy 90 in new Iberia has it. Im pretty sure it is 17.95 for 2 stroke, 19.95 for 4 stroke. Its on the way to the point.

Reel Bender 07-28-2009 10:15 PM

Some of the Motorcycle/PWC shops have it in 50 Gal Drums and will sell it out of there if you bring 5 Gallan Can. I have found it to be cheaper that way

CatDaddy 07-28-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reel Bender (Post 27467)
Some of the Motorcycle/PWC shops have it in 50 Gal Drums and will sell it out of there if you bring 5 Gallan Can. I have found it to be cheaper that way


Yeap... I went to a place in New Iberia that sold it out of 55 gallon drums, I use Optimax oil and it usually goes for 37 a gallon, but can usually get it for 20 out of the drum. Or in an unmarked gallon.

Marshrat 07-29-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 27477)
Yeap... I went to a place in New Iberia that sold it out of 55 gallon drums, I use Optimax oil and it usually goes for 37 a gallon, but can usually get it for 20 out of the drum. Or in an unmarked gallon.


Where do you buy your Optimax oil and what is the price???? I have not found a place better than Jerry's Marine in Sulphur for price. I bought some the other day for $23 a gal. in bulk.


Warren

scatv 07-29-2009 04:17 PM

I work at a car dealership and get bulk 55gal from Smitty's Oil for $850 a drum the last time I bought. Comes out to like $15.45 a gal well worth the initial price.

scatv 07-29-2009 04:18 PM

and thats for Omtimax oil

Marshrat 07-29-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scatv (Post 27648)
I work at a car dealership and get bulk 55gal from Smitty's Oil for $850 a drum the last time I bought. Comes out to like $15.45 a gal well worth the initial price.


Best price I have seen yet. When I get ahead, I may have to get with you for a drum. I am using about 2 gallons a week right now.


Warren

slick143 07-29-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 27457)
i used to pick that up at Lafayette Power sports. I used to have a Yamaha Banshee that was a 2-stroke. I dont know where Lafayette Power sports is now.

Im sure you can even get it at a place that sells anything that has to do with Yamaha..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshrat (Post 27650)
Best price I have seen yet. When I get ahead, I may have to get with you for a drum. I am using about 2 gallons a week right now.


Warren

Lafayette power sports is still there off of hwy 90

flounder_smacker 07-29-2009 06:55 PM

gulf coast boats in lafayette 19.95 gal

The Shep 07-29-2009 08:13 PM

I buy my yamalube at the yamaha shop in lake charles i pay like 20 a gallon they fill their own jugs out of a drum

Montauk17 07-29-2009 08:18 PM

I belive redmonds in lafayette sells yamalube in bulk.

CatDaddy 07-29-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshrat (Post 27644)
Where do you buy your Optimax oil and what is the price???? I have not found a place better than Jerry's Marine in Sulphur for price. I bought some the other day for $23 a gal. in bulk.


Warren


I stumbled upon it somewhere in new iberia. I cant remember the name, I think its Himel Marine on 336 W Saint Peter. They buy it by the drum and sell them in unmarked jugs.

Also where do you get your spark plugs? Im paying 20 dollars a plug for the IR plug for my Optimax.

southern151 07-29-2009 10:07 PM

$20.95/gal in Pierre Part. Well, they say it's Yamaha. It seems to burn real well but, like Cat, it is unmarked jugs. Same color too.

Cutty713 07-30-2009 11:47 AM

Same here as catdaddy, I keep my jugs b/c for the fall I will buy a 50/55 gallon drum that I will split with 2 other Yamaha 250 HPDI owners. I will post details here.

all star rod 07-30-2009 03:14 PM

No oil to add.....that is why I LOVE my 4 stroke Yamaha.....when I had my HPDI most places were pretty much all the same price...give or take a dollar or two.

Marshrat 07-30-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 27777)
I stumbled upon it somewhere in new iberia. I cant remember the name, I think its Himel Marine on 336 W Saint Peter. They buy it by the drum and sell them in unmarked jugs.

Also where do you get your spark plugs? Im paying 20 dollars a plug for the IR plug for my Optimax.


Bought some the other day for $13 something at NAPA in Lake Arthur. That is for a 90 hp Opti.


Warren


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted