SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   which is the best to use on stained hull...... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18073)

inchspinner 04-27-2011 10:08 AM

which is the best to use on stained hull......

Which hull cleaner is the best to use on a stained hull....On & Off or the star brite instant hull cleaner. I have some stains on the floor also that im assuming i can use one of these cleaners on it too...Iff anyone has used these please leave some feed advice, preference, or feedback...thanks in advance...chris.

biglaketiger 04-27-2011 10:25 AM

Cheaper way..

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchspinner (Post 247857)
Which hull cleaner is the best to use on a stained hull....On & Off or the star brite instant hull cleaner. I have some stains on the floor also that im assuming i can use one of these cleaners on it too...Iff anyone has used these please leave some feed advice, preference, or feedback...thanks in advance...chris.

Try using Toilet Bowl cleaner, I use the cheap stuff from the Dollar Store and it works great, nice clean hull for a buck a bottle

wtretrievers 04-27-2011 10:28 AM

I've tried the Starbrite....didn't compare to the On & Off brand, that's some good stuff, all I use anymore

bsoileau 04-27-2011 10:29 AM

Star Brite works wonders. Im not sure about using it on the floor. Once you use this on the hull, make sure you wax it afterwards.

ScubaLatt 04-27-2011 10:30 AM

the problem with all the above cleaners is that it removes the wax from the hull and will lead to continuous stains in the future. Call A+ Chemical Sales across from the post office in Moss bluff. Ask for Brandon. He has a couple awesome chemicals to remove the stains as well as cleaners to wash the boat and remove mildew, etc. He also has a rubbing compound called Zizzo to use on the stainless steel to remove the small amount of surface rust that gets on them. This same compound removes rust stains from when you accidentally leave a hook on the floor ?!?! 433-4614 is his #

biglaketiger 04-27-2011 10:34 AM

agree...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaLatt (Post 247868)
the problem with all the above cleaners is that it removes the wax from the hull and will lead to continuous stains in the future. Call A+ Chemical Sales across from the post office in Moss bluff. Ask for Brandon. He has a couple awesome chemicals to remove the stains as well as cleaners to wash the boat and remove mildew, etc. He also has a rubbing compound called Zizzo to use on the stainless steel to remove the small amount of surface rust that gets on them. This same compound removes rust stains from when you accidentally leave a hook on the floor ?!?! 433-4614 is his #

yeah, it does take the wax off, just have to spend some time re-applying the wax

BigChaf 04-27-2011 10:48 AM

If it is a white hull Muratic Acid will make it look brand new, if you have a galvanized trailer, try not to get any Muratic Acid on it, if you do it want hurt if you rinse with water

inchspinner 04-27-2011 10:57 AM

The lower half is lightly stained from the previous owner....

SaltyShaw 04-27-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChaf (Post 247877)
If it is a white hull Muratic Acid will make it look brand new, if you have a galvanized trailer, try not to get any Muratic Acid on it, if you do it want hurt if you rinse with water

Let the eye burning adventure begin!!

cajunhntr03 04-27-2011 11:14 AM

Any cleaner that has acid in it will clean a hull wonderfully The problem with that is that it takes off the wax and opens the pores of the gelcoat and then the hull will only stain much faster The best way is to compound it and then wax

Sea-Trac Offshore 04-27-2011 12:08 PM

Check out FSR for bad stains.

SaltyShaw 04-27-2011 12:36 PM

I'm back!

Ray 04-27-2011 05:46 PM

I hate Walmart, but they have a non skid deck cleaner in a dark blue bottle.
Bestest non acid cleaner they make. Not sure what kind of stain you have.
This stuff, you just wet the deck down, squirt on and brush. Let set for a
couple of minutes, then rinse off.
Attwood Non Skid Deck Cleaner. Cheap and easy. Won't wash off finish or wax. Has teflon in it to help keep clean.
For bad stains, there are several black streak stain removers for fiberglass. Just look in the boating sections of stores or at West Marine.

inchspinner 04-27-2011 07:55 PM

All I can is ON & OFF=WOW.....LIKE A NEW BOAT NOW FOR SOME COATS OF WAX TO SEAL ER UP.....

bluewing 04-27-2011 08:01 PM

the (WORKS) at the dollar store

Hebert 04-27-2011 09:21 PM

starbrite! cheaper than on and off and works the same

Wide Open 04-28-2011 12:00 AM

Mr. Clean Magic eraser, or clorox clean up has taken every stain out of my boat imaginable!

Asterisk-Rich 04-28-2011 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wide Open (Post 248092)
Mr. Clean Magic eraser, or clorox clean up has taken every stain out of my boat imaginable!

Those magic erasers are awesome!

spotchasin 04-28-2011 08:19 AM

L.A. totally awesome cleaner in the clear bottle with yellow liquid sold at dollar general or dollar tree

huntin fool 04-28-2011 09:15 AM

star brite did wonder the other day for me