SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Now Ranked 2nd in the state for Bass Angler.. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18353)

huntin fool 05-07-2011 10:04 PM

Now Ranked 2nd in the state for Bass Angler..

Went in to my tournament today, with hopes of limiting early...WRONG. Picked up some 9 1/2 inch fish early, but no takers. Made our way south around noon, and I boated the first keeper on topwater... Next cast broke off on a solid 2 pound fish.. Pumped up, I switch to a senko and started hittin shade by cypress trees, had a 2 pound fish follow my bait out into 20 ft of water where I could see her, I stopped, and WHAM, landed a chunk. 10 trees down, landed a solid 12 inch fish..

Now with 3 fish in live well with in 30 minutes of each other, found a pattern and kept moving. Lost a 1 1/2 fish due to bad hook set.. No biggie, I still got time.. Head back up north, lose what would have been my 6th fish had I capitalized.. But yet again, a spit hook.

Ended the tournament, with Big bass in my division, Big bass Overall, and .4 oz from the winner (I had 3.55 :cry:, and he had 3.9).. So I took second. Guys fishing is tough as heck right now... Good luck with patterns, I got lucky today however...

Bluechip 05-07-2011 10:15 PM

Good job Fool. Do you have the info for the entire field to post up.

LPfishnTIM 05-07-2011 10:17 PM

good Job, fishing is tough right now I fished 9 hours in high muddy water only to catch 4 little bass, not big enough to weigh in. The trout and redfishing is on fiya... I shouldn't have even been thinking of fishing a bass tournament this weekend.

huntin fool 05-07-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 251251)
Good job Fool. Do you have the info for the entire field to post up.

waiting for the email.. So tough only one kid brought in 5 fish.. and he won the middle age group

longsidelandry 05-07-2011 11:01 PM

Awesome job Fool! I wish i had the skills you got!

BassYakR 05-08-2011 01:47 AM

man fishing seems tough every where right now for bass!

speckdaddy 05-08-2011 06:56 AM

Great job fool!!!

blackmamba 05-08-2011 08:30 AM

Nice job Brayden!!

huntin fool 05-08-2011 08:56 AM

Thanks guys.. But i just wanna crawl in a ditch with a handle of crown... It sucks losing by .4 to the biggest anal douche of a kid.

Daddy bought him a new phenix bass boat..

PaulMyers 05-08-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 251300)
Thanks guys.. But i just wanna crawl in a ditch with a handle of crown... It sucks losing by .4 to the biggest anal douche of a kid.

Daddy bought him a new phenix bass boat..

Tell us how you really feel Fool!

Let me see if I can get this straight. On 1 given day, 1 other fisherman in your age class beat you by .4. Ok I got that. Now how many fishermen in your age class, in the entire state of Louisiana have you bested to be the #2?

In the Olympics the gold medal winner is the happiest because he won. The second happiest medal winner is the person that took the bronze medal because he won a medal. The silver medal winner, the second best person on "that given day" is always the least happiest, upset that they didn't win gold and not happy to just get a medal.

Your day will come and I suspect it will be very soon. A lot of people fish their entire lives and can't compete at your level. I think you did great and expect you to just get better with time.

Sent from my EVO

huntin fool 05-08-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 251310)
Tell us how you really feel Fool!

Let me see if I can get this straight. On 1 given day, 1 other fisherman in your age class beat you by .4. Ok I got that. Now how many fishermen in your age class, in the entire state of Louisiana have you bested to be the #2?

In the Olympics the gold medal winner is the happiest because he won. The second happiest medal winner is the person that took the bronze medal because he won a medal. The silver medal winner, the second best person on "that given day" is always the least happiest, upset that they didn't win gold and not happy to just get a medal.

Your day will come and I suspect it will be very soon. A lot of people fish their entire lives and can't compete at your level. I think you did great and expect you to just get better with time.

Sent from my EVO

25 other people..

Im happy I got 2nd, but the fact that i lost 2 weigh fish, that would have made me win. :cry:

PaulMyers 05-08-2011 09:52 AM

Ok, just wanted to make sure you were happy! :-)

Sent from my EVO

huntin fool 05-08-2011 11:36 AM

Yep. It happens.. Ohwell. Anyone wanna fish a few dogfights this year? we have a few more

PaulMyers 05-08-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 251330)
Yep. It happens.. Ohwell. Anyone wanna fish a few dogfights this year? we have a few more

If I'm off and you don't mind taking a pilgrim.

Sent from my EVO

Shawn Braquet 05-08-2011 01:48 PM

Can't you got beat on YOUR river by an east sider, and i thought you were a good fisherman, wait till i talk to your dad, guess your punishment will be to fish more...lol jus kiddin congrats

ScubaLatt 05-08-2011 03:27 PM

where were u fishing?

huntin fool 05-08-2011 03:33 PM

Calcasieu river was where the tourney was held.. I ran all on westfork
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaLatt (Post 251380)
where were u fishing?

weedeater 05-08-2011 05:34 PM

just to think i was happy to place 4th a few weeks back at toledo bend and get my entry fee back, plus a free deep cell and flash light

1fastmerc 05-08-2011 06:41 PM

It woulda been really nice if you woulda helped contribute to that 4th place. We might woulda placed higher. :p

Salty 05-08-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 251382)
Calcasieu river was where the tourney was held.. I ran all on westfork

Where was the winner from?