SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   DIY Forum (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Duck boats gettin a make over (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22375)

Shawn Braquet 08-22-2011 05:03 AM

Duck boats gettin a make over

Started fixing a running light, now I'm redoing almost everything. I'll start with my plans and we'll see how far I get before teal season. Keep in mind I have 2 weeks off between now and the opener with a week starting today for my lil girls birth, and a week for the gator season opener(we fill our tags in the first 3 days every year). I have already rewired my running lights, I'm going from a pole plug style stern light to a cowling mounted 4" model which I am waiting for to come in. Next year I plan on going to surface mounted LED lights for the bow, but I'm deep enough in my pockets now to go that route this year. I've pulled all the boards off the trailer and plan on going back with 4x4s lag bolted straight to the trailer. I've mounted a new tilt and trim which I've already posted pics on. I've installed some flush mount LED lights in my rear bench seat pointing forward and two in my front deck facing back. I have pulled my aluminum floor out and I am painting it Olive green and found some texture at Stines that I am trying. You add one package to one gallon of paint and it's supposed to be non stick. We shall see. I think that about sums it up for now. I'll try and remember to take pics in between beer breaks.:help:

Shawn Braquet 08-22-2011 05:14 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres the tilt and trim

Shawn Braquet 08-22-2011 05:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres the floor,1st before, 2nd after sanding old paint off, 3rd primer(i know its white, the first coat of green already covered it though)

Shawn Braquet 08-22-2011 05:28 AM

forgot to mention, I have finally put all my lights on switches, and every electrical connection(butt splice and close end connector) has been filled with Noalox and coated with liquid electrical tape after. That makes for some long hours making up connections.

jchief 08-22-2011 06:22 PM

Son of a BIT##, why you not holler. I coulda helped. At least supervised.

Seriously, holla.

Shawn Braquet 08-22-2011 06:24 PM

im just tinkering here and there jude, hour here, beer there, another hour here, 2 more beers there

jchief 08-22-2011 06:25 PM

I know, but I coulda done something. Good thing I don't drink anymore. LOL

When yall coming home?

Shawn Braquet 08-22-2011 06:27 PM

should be wednesday due to bridgette testing positive for strep B(i think they can come down with meningitis or something), bridgette will actually get released tommorrow but we will stay another night with the baby

Shawn Braquet 08-26-2011 06:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my floor before i put it in. I primed it then put a coat of marine green, then sprinkled sand over it, then recoated. Not sure how itll hold up but a lot cheaper than a spray in.

Gerald 08-27-2011 01:21 AM

All that looks like a lot of work......but probably most of it is necessary maintance.

I did about the same thing with my trailer boards, except I U-bolted them around the frame. I did not want to drill [weakin] the channel iron. It took some extra time drilling the holes in the 4x4's to conter sink the nuts.

DUCKGOGETTER 08-27-2011 06:14 AM

Looks good shawn in 2 weeks it will be put to good use

Natural Light Kid 08-27-2011 08:05 AM

Can someone please show their pics of the 4x4's on the trailer? I'm not following how they are U-bolted on. I need to change mine and may go this route. I would prefer not to drill the channel either.

Shawn Braquet 08-27-2011 06:40 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I know i didnt ubolt my 4x4s but heres mine, i used 1/4"x3" stainless lag bolts

scott craft 08-27-2011 08:18 PM

Looks good. I need to do some work on my trailer.

speck-chaser 08-27-2011 08:27 PM

do you have anything on top of those 4x4's?

weedeater 08-27-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 313651)
do you have anything on top of those 4x4's?

Looks like a boat on top of them:smokin:

Micah 08-27-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 313665)
Looks like a boat on top of them:smokin:

Hahahahhhahahahaha!!!!!! Good one

weedeater 08-27-2011 08:54 PM

I have treated 2x4's with no carpet on mine and they work well but wish I had 4x4 so I could have taken brackets off and just bolted on

speck-chaser 08-27-2011 09:07 PM

we use a composite type edging for our landscape jobs. Its 1/2" thick and 4" wide. I srewed some pieces on top of my boards and my boat really slides off and on with ease now. My buddies have been putting it on theirs too. It doesn't take but a few small pieces. Its like those slicks they sell for high dollar.

weedeater 08-27-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-chaser (Post 313674)
we use a composite type edging for our landscape jobs. Its 1/2" thick and 4" wide. I srewed some pieces on top of my boards and my boat really slides off and on with ease now. My buddies have been putting it on theirs too. It doesn't take but a few small pieces. Its like those slicks they sell for high dollar.

got any pictures?