SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Free FIREWOOD!!!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2302)

southern151 08-18-2009 10:00 PM

Free FIREWOOD!!!!

I am taking out 3 HUGE oak trees in my yard this weekend...Weather permitting. If you are in the area and, need some firewood, drop me a line. Just to give you an idea as to how big they are, two of them are almost 10' in circumference! I can barely get a 10' choaker around them at the base. I'll cut it into managable chunks for ya, just come and get it in Gonzales!

Salty 08-18-2009 10:03 PM

Could ya bust it up in 20" sticks? :smokin:

southern151 08-18-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W"obama (Post 35540)
Could ya bust it up in 20" sticks? :smokin:

Don't get greedy, old man! I'll have Fool break ya hip!! :*****::*****:

Bring ya trailer and I should have an extra saw that you could use to cut it to whatever length you want.

RainMaker 08-18-2009 10:16 PM

Where you live??? I could use some and not scared to work!!!

southern151 08-18-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainMaker (Post 35552)
Where you live??? I could use some and not scared to work!!!

I'm a bit of a ride from ya in Gonzales but, I'ma feed everyone that shows up to help or load their wood. What people don't take, the city will haul away so, this is solely for the benefit of anyone needing firewood. I will start bringing them down sometime Friday and the feed(if anyone cares) will be on Saturday evening with plenty of adult and youth refreshments!

Salty 08-18-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 35556)
I'm a bit of a ride from ya in Gonzales but, I'ma feed everyone that shows up to help or load their wood. What people don't take, the city will haul away so, this is solely for the benefit of anyone needing firewood. I will start bringing them down sometime Friday and the feed(if anyone cares) will be on Saturday evening with plenty of adult and youth refreshments!

Even though I have a gas insert in my fireplace.....the grub might be nice. Could I come and be a "mod"? I have past experience...ya know. :smokin:

southern151 08-18-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W"obama (Post 35558)
Even though I have a gas insert in my fireplace.....the grub might be nice. Could I come and be a "mod"? I have past experience...ya know. :smokin:

Yeah bring it!! Bring me a custom painted "UU sux" bomber too!:*****::*****:I didn't say the name.
Gotta go to bed!

Ray 08-19-2009 10:42 AM

Let me know when you cut down some Pecan wood. I need to restock my smokin' wood. Running low...

Feesherman 08-19-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 35665)
Let me know when you cut down some Pecan wood. I need to restock my smokin' wood. Running low...

You should try smoking weed. It's so much easier.

southern151 08-19-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 35665)

LOL!!! If I have pecan wood, I have a special place for it...In my smoker! I do, however, appreciate the effort!

BTW, you must be home...The weather here is crap for the second day in a row!:*****:

Ray 08-19-2009 03:38 PM

This is my second day home. LOL
It was pouring down when I passed thru Gonzales yesterday.

Gerald 08-19-2009 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A year ago, I helped a guy cut and split up an Oak tree that fell in his yard. This was my share [about half] that we split. He was so happy that I helped him......he paid for the splitter. I also got a full pick-up truck load of cut up small limbs that I stacked in the back yard.

southern151 08-19-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 35824)
A year ago, I helped a guy cut and split up an Oak tree that fell in his yard. This was my share [about half] that we split. He was so happy that I helped him......he paid for the splitter. I also got a full pick-up truck load of cut up small limbs that I stacked in the back yard.

I don't think that you have enough!!! You should come and get some more!!!!

Salty, you gonna come and moderate or what?! Come on man, keepin a brotha in suspense ain't funny!! I want custom bomber too when you get here!

Gerald 08-19-2009 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We did burn almost half of it this past winter.

So sometime next summer I will be looking for more....then.

Who says it does not get cold in south Louisiana.