SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   another adventure to the pearl! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27317)

LPfishnTIM 01-21-2012 10:05 PM

another adventure to the pearl!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Went and fished the Pearl River today. caught a few bass, showed a friend how hard I work for em. couldn't go to far from the launch, I believe I have to get a new lower unit for my motor, or at least a gear or something, The motor runs fine, it just jolts ever few seconds when going above idle. I found a few shallow flats and drift fished them as it warmed up today since I couldn't run around to fish all the run outs and bayous. the pic below is the largest one caught today, wasn't a trophy but sure was a 15 second thrill! My buddy also took the picture while I was talking so it isn't the greatest.

iron man 01-21-2012 10:38 PM

Not too bad

There is a 17 foot pro craft here in Gonzales for sale if you're looking

MattW 01-21-2012 10:40 PM

Good looking fish. Check your propeller hub. That may be your problem.

LPfishnTIM 01-21-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattW (Post 380060)
Good looking fish. Check your propeller hub. That may be your problem.

not the problem, I got two props one on the boat and a spare. both hubs are good, plus my boat would be revving up and not going but a few mph, mine goes about 3mph slower but jolts like it just hit something.

Montauk17 01-22-2012 04:53 PM

Nice catch....what brand of motor?

LPfishnTIM 01-22-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 380241)
Nice catch....what brand of motor?

81 johnson j35

Montauk17 01-23-2012 12:26 AM

Sounds like the clutch dog is worm not allowing it to go in gear.....never had much luck rebuilding OMC lower units. You would be better off trying to find a used one.

LPfishnTIM 01-23-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 380366)
Sounds like the clutch dog is worm not allowing it to go in gear.....never had much luck rebuilding OMC lower units. You would be better off trying to find a used one.

Thats what I was thinking!

eman 01-23-2012 07:40 AM

Check w/ charlie ward.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted