SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Suggestions on a waterproof camera (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28524)

mr crab 02-28-2012 08:50 AM

Suggestions on a waterproof camera

Want something I can throw in the glove box of the boat and something I can take some action shots of the kiddos while swimming at the camp at toledo. got a $250 limit. Most of the time it will live in my wifes purse, so it has to be a compact. I looked at some reviews on the web and the canon d10 looks good, but it is at the top of my price range.

Duck Butter 02-28-2012 09:25 AM

Had an Olympus waterproof camera and it was just OK. You could take pics underwater, but not too many places round here where the visibility is good enough to do that. I was not really impressed by the quality of the other pictures.

Plenty of good cameras for less than $250, I shoot a SLR Canon, but don't really care for their point and shoot cameras. Bought my wife a Panasonic Lumix for about that price and it takes great pictures. She had a Nikon and it was too bulky to go in her purse and this one is really compact. Got her a little hard case for it and it is still smaller than that Nikon. I would suggest against the waterproof and just keep it in a Ziploc bag if you are on the water. I take my cameras on almost every fishing trip and just keep them out the water. Best Buy has some good deals on them occasionally in the Sunday paper

Andy C 02-28-2012 04:21 PM

Andy C 02-28-2012 04:26 PM

Andy C 02-28-2012 04:30 PM

And have taken it on some shallow dives.

hd2000 02-28-2012 06:38 PM

Man I would seriously consider a GoPro. They are a little more than you are looking to spend but you'll never have to worry about the camera getting messed up at all.

www.gopro.com

LPfishnTIM 02-28-2012 08:52 PM

I got a kodak playsport, waterproof up to 10ft, takes photos and HD video. I paid $129 about a year ago still works and I use it every fishing trip.

southern151 02-28-2012 09:08 PM

That go pro is a bad rig! If I was out more, I'd own one!

Marshrat 02-28-2012 09:14 PM

I have the Kodak easyshare sport. It takes good pictures and is water proof to 3 meters. We have taken it with us on the boat to the sand bar out in front of our camp and it stayed around my wife's wrist while we played in the water. She took quite a few pictures and had no problem with it.

I think it cost around $65-$70.

Warren

noodle creek 02-28-2012 09:26 PM

the olympus is good in my opinion i've had one for close to 4 years. it's only 10 megapixels but the new ones are much better. Mine stays in my hunting bag all season and i take it fishing everytime i go. i treat it like crap and it has been in the water plenty of times. it's a little more expensive but much better built than the cheaper ones

drjay 02-28-2012 09:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Casio exilm is shock-proof (very durable) and water proof. Good for underwater pics in pools with the kids. Don't have to worry about breaking it in the boat. Pics are good but not great. Tradeoff in quality for durability.