SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Butterball oil-free turkey fryer (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29927)

candejack 04-05-2012 09:19 AM

Butterball oil-free turkey fryer

I'm looking for recipes to cook in my ouil-free turkey fryer can anyone help?

Dink 04-05-2012 09:24 AM

If there ain't oil, it ain't fryin......that's just sunburnin

wtretrievers 04-05-2012 09:40 AM

8lb Boston butt rubbed down with Olive oil & seasoned on outside with Tonys or similar, Very easy & is freaking awesome!!! You can inject it but really haven't found the need too.

Also have done Backstrap cut in half, each half stuffed cream cheese, sliced jalepenos & wrapped in bacon, injected with creole butter & just poured rest over top.
Oiless fryer doesn't dry out backstrap like BQ pit will.

PUREBAY2200 04-05-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 415633)
If there ain't oil, it ain't fryin......that's just sunburnin

X10000000000000000000000

I been frying turkeys since I as 4 years old( with my uncle when I was little) did my first when I was 12.
Love love love the smell, taste, juiciness of a turkey or chicken fried in peanut oil!!

Had a neighbor use an oil less fryer last Christmas; he brought some over and i tried it.... Not great.
He tried mined .... Dang near ate all the leftover turkey.
He then asked me if I would fry a turkey for him next time.
Lol

Oil less may work for some meats..... But not turkey and chicken!

Jeff; that's a good tasting mix u talking bout!

wtretrievers 04-05-2012 12:04 PM

Turkey is "ok" in it, but like I mentioned that Boston is GOOOOOD!

Super Spook 04-05-2012 12:21 PM

Oil Less is the way to go. My turkey's came out awesome and hard to tell the difference is you cook them right in my opinion. Way better for you and if you have people that are concerned with that. Way less hassle and cheaper not having to mess with grease. We also did some specklebellies in the Big Easy this year and they were fricken awesome.

PUREBAY2200 04-05-2012 12:32 PM

I don't fry a turkey but 3/4 times a year...... In not worried about the "healthy" aspect of frying a turkey.
And if someone wants a healthy holiday meal.....don't show up at my house.
Lol

Super Spook 04-05-2012 12:39 PM

Just saying if you got health nuts in your family.

My experience comparing the two was almost too close to be able to tell.

If you know someone that has one try marinating a Speck in Zattarans Pro Boil for 24 hrs and then stick it in there for 45 minutes. I am going to try a turkey like that soon. Can't wait.

PUREBAY2200 04-05-2012 01:12 PM

I got 2 health nuts n my family.... They bring their own food.

Haha

david stewart 02-25-2016 11:04 AM

What beef recipes can one cook in the oil free butterball smoker?

saute86 02-25-2016 12:07 PM

I was given one for Christmas years ago. I have yet to put a turkey in it. I do use it as a smoker. It has a wood chip tray at the bottom and is a great smoker when you only are smoking small quantities of meat. It sure beats firing up my other smoker for just feeding 2 or 3 people. I have smoked ducks and geese in it hung on the basket and I use the grill rack off a table top Weber grill on top of the basket when smoking fish. Any small round grill rack you can buy will work.