SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   A couple of Salty Cajuns on the Bend (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30308)

SaltERedneck 04-17-2012 08:57 AM

A couple of Salty Cajuns on the Bend

Ole Keith Thibodeaux and myself are heading up to Toledo (Pirates) on Friday. Plan on fishing for about an hour friday (4-20 :spineyes::smokin:) until the sun goes down then off to the camp we go. Anyone gonna be up around those parts this weekend??? Saturday is gonna be an all out slaunch hunt!!! only puttin the rods down for lunch. Been hearing mixed reports so it seems the fish are in transition from spawn to post spawn (mixing shallow to deep) with a couple late bloomers. should be fun!!!! Been catching the chiiittt outta 4lbers this year soo i need to break that mark soon. Holla at me if you will be in those parts or round abouts.

Micah 04-17-2012 09:01 AM

Punks

jgannard 04-17-2012 09:05 AM

Good luck to yal!!!!!

RIPPINLIP 04-17-2012 05:19 PM

Try the San Patricio grass flats. Been doing good the last two weekends on a watermelon red super fluke!

quackills 04-17-2012 08:36 PM

Headed up there this weekend fishing out of fin an feather.Its been a month since i have been. Hopefully the wind doesn't blow us off the lake.

jchief 04-17-2012 10:38 PM

Try Carolina rigged flukes and brush hogs in grass 15' or so for bigger fish.

Captain Mike P. 04-18-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 420435)
Ole Keith Thibodeaux and myself are heading up to Toledo (Pirates) on Friday. Plan on fishing for about an hour friday (4-20 :spineyes::smokin:) until the sun goes down then off to the camp we go. Anyone gonna be up around those parts this weekend??? Saturday is gonna be an all out slaunch hunt!!! only puttin the rods down for lunch. Been hearing mixed reports so it seems the fish are in transition from spawn to post spawn (mixing shallow to deep) with a couple late bloomers. should be fun!!!! Been catching the chiiittt outta 4lbers this year soo i need to break that mark soon. Holla at me if you will be in those parts or round abouts.

Ill be just north of Pirates cove this Thursday night till Sunday afternoon. Camp is on Byrd Dr. Many.

Texas Tiger 04-18-2012 09:35 AM

On Lake Fork, I've been catching my best fish on the Zoom 7" Super Fluke (pearl). May want to try those for the bigger fish...just want to make sure you use a hook big enough to get through all that plastic

SaltERedneck 04-18-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Tiger (Post 420796)
On Lake Fork, I've been catching my best fish on the Zoom 7" Super Fluke (pearl). May want to try those for the bigger fish...just want to make sure you use a hook big enough to get through all that plastic

I actually have some of these.... we were supposed to head to Rayburn but the McDonalds tourney is this weekend and i dont wanna fight all those boats.

BassAssasin 04-18-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltERedneck (Post 420798)
I actually have some of these.... we were supposed to head to Rayburn but the McDonalds tourney is this weekend and i dont wanna fight all those boats.

O man, im glad i just cancelled my trip to rayburn this weekend. Gonna push it back to next weekend