SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   45 yeti vs 60 k2 help (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33859)

Tete Dur 07-15-2012 04:58 PM

45 yeti vs 60 k2 help

I need some help from you guys that have experience with yeti and k2 coolers. I picked up a 45 qt yeti extremely cheap from a buddy. I'm thinking of selling it and making a little money and buying the 60 qt k2 with the money I make off the yeti.

My question is how do you guys think the 2 coolers compare? Is the k2 comparable to the yeti in your experiences? I could get more ice chest with the k2 but is it as good as all the yeti hype? Would I be better off keeping the smaller yeti?

Thanks.

specktator 07-15-2012 05:05 PM

From what I have heard, the K2 doesn't come close in comparison on the length of time it can hold ice or durability. I never owned a K2 but have a 65 Yeti and a 120 Yeti so I am just going off what I hear from people that own K2s. One of my buddies said he put some boiled crawfish in his K2 and it warped. It's gonna be like a shotgun or truck thread though. Whoever has one or the other is gonna think theirs is better.

meaux fishing 07-15-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 462940)
From what I have heard, the K2 doesn't come close in comparison on the length of time it can hold ice or durability. I never owned a K2 but have a 65 Yeti and a 120 Yeti so I am just going off what I hear from people that own K2s. One of my buddies said he put some boiled crawfish in his K2 and it warped. It's gonna be like a shotgun or truck thread though. Whoever has one or the other is gonna think theirs is better.

this is what I've heard too but my only experience is with a yeti

BayBolt23 07-15-2012 05:11 PM

I have used both of them and I can tell u that the yeti is a better ice chest for holding ice on hot days!

calcutta37 07-15-2012 05:41 PM

Babin keep the yeti.

PUREBAY2200 07-15-2012 06:26 PM

I got my yeti in 2008....... Haven't had to replace a single thing on it. It's has been abused!! Fell out the boat on road, fell down stairs, even caught it in fire( camp fire and somehow gass was spilled on it and a cigarette was laid on the yeti). It hold Ice and keeps contents extremely cold.
A friend of mine went snapper fishing in destin a few weeks go. He kept his fish on Ice b the yeti for 5 days. Sealed up and didn't open. When he got home and opened it the ice was still there and fish was good and cold! That's proof they work.
I have never used a K2. So I can't compare.
But yeti is my go to for keepin stuff cold.

Salty 07-15-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 (Post 463005)
I got my yeti in 2008....... Haven't had to replace a single thing on it. It's has been abused!! Fell out the boat on road, fell down stairs, even caught it in fire( camp fire and somehow gass was spilled on it and a cigarette was laid on the yeti). It hold Ice and keeps contents extremely cold.
A friend of mine went snapper fishing in destin a few weeks go. He kept his fish on Ice b the yeti for 5 days. Sealed up and didn't open. When he got home and opened it the ice was still there and fish was good and cold! That's proof they work.

Was the bear smokin the cig?

specktator 07-15-2012 06:33 PM

Use Yetis when we would go to my lease in SouthWest TX. We had no running water or electricity. Can hold ice for days. We would stay for 3-4 days and put everything we killed in them. Wouldn't get more ice till we were heading back to Lafayette. I don't think a K2 can do that.

mriguy 07-15-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 (Post 463005)

Ice chest on FIYA! I wish you had a picture of that.

PUREBAY2200 07-15-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 463009)
Was the bear smokin the cig?

Hahahaha.
No..... But there was a curious coon trying to get in one nite..... Damn Theif!

PUREBAY2200 07-15-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriguy (Post 463012)
Ice chest on FIYA! I wish you had a picture of that.

Me too!!! It happened so fast; didn't have a chance to get a pic! We were near a river and my buddy kicked it into the water to put out the fire. It didn't effect the mold; still have some dark spots in the lid. But it mostly came off with bleach and a pressure washer.

Tete Dur 07-15-2012 07:22 PM

Sounds conclusive enough. I'm keepin the yeti! Ha. Thanks

jldsc 07-15-2012 08:07 PM

I have the 60 K2...and I have a yeti, the yeti is a cleaner fit and finish than the K2...But..I like them both, I believe that they hold ice just about the same.

jdm4x43732 07-15-2012 08:10 PM

I can buy alot of ice for the price of one of them yeti's

jldsc 07-15-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 (Post 463083)
I can buy alot of ice for the price of one of them yeti's

Thats what Im thinkin...that K2 is gonna hold ice just about the same

RigRatNoMeaux 07-15-2012 10:02 PM

K2 all the way! Best bang for the buck. Super durable and does what I need it to do.

SaltyShaw 07-15-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RigRatNoMeaux (Post 463169)
K2 all the way! Best bang for the buck. Super durable and does what I need it to do.

Ditto.......

Will"E"Fish 07-15-2012 10:34 PM

My point of veiw is ole school. When Yeti came out I like most said no way. Well the statement of( thats alot of ice) is true ;but if u don't have a ice machine; that means at late hour's u must go get ice.Yeti has saved me many of these trips. As far as durablity it surpases many and all other ice chest. My closing is if u want hamburger buy an igloo ;if u want Steak buy a K2.Now, if u wanna Porta house buy a yeti, and not make those last minute trips to get more ice.

Top Dawg 07-15-2012 10:41 PM

Sell the yeti and buy a bigger one! Lol. Love my yeti. The thing about a yeti to me is not only the ability to hold ice. It's the fact that you'll never have to buy another icechest. That makes it worth it to me.

Big Flounder 07-15-2012 10:42 PM

You should sell the yeti to me and go with the k2!!!