SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Night Fishing (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34082)

Specktacular 07-21-2012 09:52 PM

Night Fishing

My cousin just bought a 36ft boat set up to night fish . Any helpful hints for good night fishing . Not guiding just family fun . Weve tried down south of the lake and cameron jetties . Havent had a good trip yet. Any good information would be appreciated.

Kenner18 07-22-2012 08:17 AM

Is that the boat in Hackberry parked close to the Circle A ?

Lake Chuck Duck 07-22-2012 09:10 AM

I've been hearing about this boat from a guy at work. Hoping to get a trip on it soon!

Specktacular 07-22-2012 11:51 AM

Yes its parked in Hackberry across from the preschool . Richard Hebert owns it hope to get on the fish to start bringing friends and family out . Hes a good guy just loves to fish. Had the boat built in Morgan city.

1fastmerc 07-22-2012 11:56 AM

Dats a big ole boat. And a very nice setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"W" 07-22-2012 12:55 PM

Just find any reef ....set anchor and turn lights on.....try to stay in calm waters

Right now almost anywhere down south would be good

Specktacular 07-22-2012 02:20 PM

Thanks , We went south last saturday the 14th around Grand and Lambert bugs were pretty bad . We didnt do great but caught a few. Richard and friends went friday night to the jetties and got caught in that weather . Trying to learn the night fishing ropes. Check the weather before heading out. ( Lesson learned). A guy at work turned me on to the baits we need to be using. Thanks for all the information.

"W" 07-22-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specktacular (Post 465924)
Thanks , We went south last saturday the 14th around Grand and Lambert bugs were pretty bad . We didnt do great but caught a few. Richard and friends went friday night to the jetties and got caught in that weather . Trying to learn the night fishing ropes. Check the weather before heading out. ( Lesson learned). A guy at work turned me on to the baits we need to be using. Thanks for all the information.

Stay in lake ....don't fish close to banks
... Fish out on reef

Specktacular 07-22-2012 02:30 PM

What about West cove?

Lake Chuck Duck 07-22-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specktacular (Post 465924)

Baits in GLOW colors!

Specktacular 07-22-2012 03:41 PM

Thats what he told me

Kenner18 07-22-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specktacular (Post 465890)
Yes its parked in Hackberry across from the preschool . Richard Hebert owns it hope to get on the fish to start bringing friends and family out . Hes a good guy just loves to fish. Had the boat built in Morgan city.

I know Richard ,he is my cousin . I talked to him Friday afternoon before he went out ,I was wondering if they got caught in that storm .

Freelining Shrimp works really well at night ,as well as glow plastics and mirrodine twitch baits.

Specktacular 07-22-2012 04:05 PM

Hes married to my cousin sissy . Oh yea he was in the jetties when i called him at 9:15 and told him to find cover . Called me and asked if i wanted to go friday night. I just got off of work and had to work saturday . Glad i missed that trip.

PaulMyers 07-22-2012 04:09 PM

I guess that makes you 2 cousin-in-laws! Congrats. LOL

Kenner18 07-22-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specktacular (Post 465958)
Hes married to my cousin sissy . Oh yea he was in the jetties when i called him at 9:15 and told him to find cover . Called me and asked if i wanted to go friday night. I just got off of work and had to work saturday . Glad i missed that trip.

Our parents are brother and sister .

inchspinner 07-22-2012 04:46 PM

Tide is the biggest factor....no tide= few to zero fish.....feed em what they want..:)

Im gonna let a secret out of the bag, just one of em about bait at night....

1. Feed em what theyre eating
2. If shrimp are jumping throw gulp
3. If theyre eating mullet throw stick twitch bait
4. If theyre eating shad throw mirrordines or spoons..

Good luck

Lake Chuck Duck 07-22-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specktacular (Post 465943)
Thats what he told me

I am that guy lol! Let me know when we can make a trip.

Specktacular 07-22-2012 09:32 PM

soon! ill get with you at work. I go back to c power Monday

Lake Chuck Duck 07-22-2012 11:07 PM

I'll come get with you.