SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best Vacuum Sealer/Food Saver? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38574)

jsethl13 11-21-2012 06:43 PM

Best Vacuum Sealer/Food Saver?

I'm planning to get a vacuum sealer for Christmas. Do you guys have any preference on which one to buy? Thanks in advance.

Texxan1 11-21-2012 06:50 PM

Ive used several brands , but it seems the food saver brand (black ones) that you can currently get at walmart have worked the best.. Food saver keeps making them a tough better.

I can get you the model # if you need it.

Thomas

rustyb 11-21-2012 06:54 PM

I bought one a while back from cabellas. It has lasted and worked very well. It was kinda pricey. I think about 399.00 about 3 years ago.

Spunt Drag 11-21-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyb (Post 519867)
I bought one a while back from cabellas. It has lasted and worked very well. It was kinda pricey. I think about 399.00 about 3 years ago.

Is that the commercial one that will crush a beer can in the bag it pulls such a strong vacuum? Dude at work has one and says its expensive but worth it.

rustyb 11-21-2012 07:11 PM

Yes, thats the one. It does crush a beer can. I forgot it does that. LOL

jsethl13 11-21-2012 07:12 PM

What's the brand of the one from Cabelas?

rustyb 11-21-2012 07:14 PM

Its a Cabellas branded, stainless steel The model number is CG-15.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home-...3Bcat104668380

cduhon 11-21-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsethl13 (Post 519858)
I'm planning to get a vacuum sealer for Christmas. Do you guys have any preference on which one to buy? Thanks in advance.

I have the Cabelas CG-15 and well worth the money. I have been through about 5 other brands ( Foodsaver, Hamilton Beach, Black and Decker), they were all decent but do not even compare to the Cabelas commercial sealer. You pay for it but it is worth every penny. I make lots of duck and deer sausage and other brands always overheat and take forever. The commercial one from Cabelas is awesome. Quick, Easy, Strong, and has auto and manual mode which is great for sausage and fish. I also buy my bags offline from http://www.webstaurantstore.com. I get 100 bags for same price as 15 at Wal-Mart or Academy. Same mil thickness and awesome bags.

The Cabelas unit is always on sale. Get the 11" or 15". I saw one on sale last week for $100 off. Trust me. I have burnt up several from stores and nothing compares.

eman 11-21-2012 07:50 PM

on my third food saver in two years . My next one will be the commercial model from cabellas.

rustyb 11-21-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cduhon (Post 519900)
I have the Cabelas CG-15 and well worth the money. I have been through about 5 other brands ( Foodsaver, Hamilton Beach, Black and Decker), they were all decent but do not even compare to the Cabelas commercial sealer. You pay for it but it is worth every penny. I make lots of duck and deer sausage and other brands always overheat and take forever. The commercial one from Cabelas is awesome. Quick, Easy, Strong, and has auto and manual mode which is great for sausage and fish. I also buy my bags offline from http://www.webstaurantstore.com. I get 100 bags for same price as 15 at Wal-Mart or Academy. Same mil thickness and awesome bags.

The Cabelas unit is always on sale. Get the 11" or 15". I saw one on sale last week for $100 off. Trust me. I have burnt up several from stores and nothing compares.

THanks for the webrestrauntstore.com info. Just ordered a bunch of bags. They are dirt cheap.

Deerfarmer 11-21-2012 08:00 PM

I have 2 of the food saver ones. Both will crush a can. The only problem is they either don't heat enough to seal the bag or they heat too much and burn the bag. If I bought another one it would be a commercial unit.

Spunt Drag 11-21-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 519906)
on my third food saver in two years . My next one will be the commercial model from cabellas.

That's what the guy I work wit said. All the money he spunt on the other brands and models, he could've bought 3 of the commercial units and had working units and quality products.

biggun 11-21-2012 08:24 PM

Buy the closest you can afford to commerical brand .. They won't be breaking..

Richards Restaurant Supply in Houma also sells a smaller home type commerical one.

Its also pricey..But worth every penny if vacuum alot of food...

cduhon 11-21-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyb (Post 519908)
THanks for the webrestrauntstore.com info. Just ordered a bunch of bags. They are dirt cheap.

Agree. I have ordered over a thousand bags from them and quality is great and price is not even close to anywhere else I have tried. I priced around everywhere for bags and sealers. Done tons of reviews and studied all brands and have no regrets with the CG-15. Cut my time in half and gives a great seal. 1/4" wide seal verses most cheaper sealers is barely 1/16" seal. Don't know about crushing a beer can but I know it allows me to drink a beer while using the automatic feature. Keep an eye on Cabela's sale paper. They always throwing free shipping, $50 off orders, and great sales.

Hey Ted 11-21-2012 10:27 PM

Shop the bargin cave at cabelas as well. They should have some sales online for black friday. If you have the means get a commercial grade grider as well. Even the smallest one is a beast. Between the quality and their service cabelas is better than any restaurant supply house. I have plenty of the processing equipment thay i use daily at my restaurant.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

salty dogg 11-22-2012 12:04 AM

I have been using been using the Weston pro 2300 stainless for 3 years with no problems. You can find it on amazon for $380 with free shipping. Burnt 3 foodsaver brand sealers before buying this one with no regrets.

swamp snorkler 11-22-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggun (Post 519927)
Buy the closest you can afford to commerical brand .. They won't be breaking..

Richards Restaurant Supply in Houma also sells a smaller home type commerical one.

Its also pricey..But worth every penny if vacuum alot of food...

Richards prices are higher than a Giraffes ***.

Andy C 11-22-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salty dogg (Post 520011)
I have been using been using the Weston pro 2300 stainless for 3 years with no problems. You can find it on amazon for $380 with free shipping. Burnt 3 foodsaver brand sealers before buying this one with no regrets.

Have the same one for 2 year's and love it.plus you can use any bag in it not just foodsaver brand.

jsethl13 11-22-2012 09:13 AM

Thanks for all of the feedback! Cabelas it is!

eman 11-22-2012 10:05 AM

Cabella's has their top of the line 15" commercial grade vac sealer on sale
reg . price $450 sale price $329.99 looks like sale is good Nov 23 - 28