SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Reports (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who is Hungry (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41372)

fishfighter 02-18-2013 08:21 AM

Who is Hungry

1 Attachment(s)
Deer season is over but that doesn't mean you can't go sling some lead, when i saw the weather report early last week that sunday was going to be a cold morning I knew where i wanted to be, so got up sunday morning picked up my old man aka my boat driver and headed south, just like i figured the rats were there for the taking, all of these were killed down just one little canal in roughly about an hour of shooting, and we could have kept going, but decided that we had enough, i was over excited at first and my aim was lacking, so after i settled down i started saving money on bullets,

my question isn't who likes to eat these, cause if you would try them then you would like them, my question is do you prefer them in a brown gravy or a red gravy, oh yeah them little ones are also good fried

Top Dawg 02-18-2013 08:47 AM

They eat great. They good bbqed also. Haven't seen many around here like we used to since Rita. Pretty sure the over population of gators has put a dent in em.

T and F fishing 02-18-2013 08:48 AM

Bunch of good eating right there. Can't beat them smothered down in a brown gravy !!

longcast 02-18-2013 08:55 AM

I was working on a job Friday and the super told me he shot one with a pellot gun and brought it to the job to give it to his helper. Well the electrical inspector showed up and was standing by the icechest. Well that rat was not dead. It started going crazy in the chest and scared the inspector. He even started using language that he never uses. Not sure that inspector will be back to that job. Lmao.

fishfighter 02-18-2013 08:59 AM

haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by longcast (Post 550490)
I was working on a job Friday and the super told me he shot one with a pellot gun and brought it to the job to give it to his helper. Well the electrical inspector showed up and was standing by the icechest. Well that rat was not dead. It started going crazy in the chest and scared the inspector. He even started using language that he never uses. Not sure that inspector will be back to that job. Lmao.

we had one in the boat that wasn't dead all the way, we had to "TAKE CARE OF HIM" but we didn't go all troy landry on him hahaha

fishfighter 02-18-2013 09:21 AM

trapper

any body know some one who has a trappers license and can turn in some tails for the money, i kept the fifteen tails, but don't have the trappers license to be able to turn in the money

Ray 02-18-2013 06:38 PM

Onion gravy baby.
Rita and ike took out my plinking fun. Snakes and nutria.

"W" 02-18-2013 06:58 PM

Love em in a pot roast or Pit .... Cleaner meat than Chicken and leaner

"W" 02-18-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 550482)
They eat great. They good bbqed also. Haven't seen many around here like we used to since Rita. Pretty sure the over population of gators has put a dent in em.

After rita there was hundreds of thousands dead all over the marsh and little cheiner ridge

Ray 02-18-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 550757)
After rita there was hundreds of thousands dead all over the marsh and little cheiner ridge

They drowned and washed up along the roads all the way to Cameron when the water was receding. We caught crabs Ibm Creole for q couple years where we had caught frawfish before Rita.

hankscke123 02-24-2013 05:00 PM

brown gravey baby