SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Freshwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Lake rosemound (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44155)

MarshRat89 05-22-2013 08:43 PM

Lake rosemound

Bought a trip at the cca state cook off and we are heading this weekend. Apparently they are basically putting us up in someone's camp, and giving us a couple boats to fish out of since they only allow boats that belong to the lake association there. Anybody ever been? How's the beach and the pavilion?

specktator 05-22-2013 09:11 PM

If its lake rosemound north of St Francisville, I grew up out there my dads partner had a camp there for years. Been about 10 years since I've been there but it's only a few miles from my deer camp. It's a pretty cool place. Bass fishing used to be awesome in the 90s but it's not as good as it used to be. It's split in half. One side is bass fishing only. Other side is ski and fish. Bridge crossed the middle to the bed and breakfast. There is a small beach and boat launch right there but they may have expanded it.

wtretrievers 05-22-2013 09:47 PM

Night fishing in there is the ticket. Have caught 2 over 8lbs & 1 9lbs 7oz. Not a big place but has good fish.

MarshRat89 05-22-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 583412)
If its lake rosemound north of St Francisville, I grew up out there my dads partner had a camp there for years. Been about 10 years since I've been there but it's only a few miles from my deer camp. It's a pretty cool place. Bass fishing used to be awesome in the 90s but it's not as good as it used to be. It's split in half. One side is bass fishing only. Other side is ski and fish. Bridge crossed the middle to the bed and breakfast. There is a small beach and boat launch right there but they may have expanded it.

That's it, we're gonna try em out. I had never heard of it. But nobody was bidding so we decided to go ahead and pick it up.

MarshRat89 05-22-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtretrievers (Post 583432)
Night fishing in there is the ticket. Have caught 2 over 8lbs & 1 9lbs 7oz. Not a big place but has good fish.

Really? That's awesome but bass night fishing would be a first for me. Sounds tough. I'm guessing your fishing shiners or worms under a cork. We normally throw Alot of artificial don't think that would be too easy at night lol

wtretrievers 05-22-2013 10:19 PM

All artificial. Top water & plastic.

MarshRat89 05-22-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtretrievers (Post 583453)
All artificial. Top water & plastic.

That's what I was reading just now. That full moon should help us make out the structure at least. Article I was reading just now said black spinners and Carolina rigged dark plastics are the ticket. I'm tempted now though. I'm just a little iffy about traveling at night in an area that none of us know.