SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Offshore Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ixtapa/ Zihuatanejo (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44595)

Jcredeur 06-04-2013 10:59 PM

Ixtapa/ Zihuatanejo

We've been looking around at different honeymoon locations for middle of may next year. Lucky for me my fiancee loves fishing just as much as I do.
Neither of us have ever taken a bill billfish or blue water trip. I have heard of people fishing out of Ixtapa and doing well. We are just looking at going catch some bill fish and hopefully going after some roosters also.
Has anyone fished this area?? From what I hear its very beautiful and not overly commercialized like Acapulco to the south. Plus the rates on rooms and charters looked stupid cheap!

Jcredeur 07-07-2013 10:22 AM

Anyone have recommendations down here? Going to book it soon for May of 2014. Looking at their bill fishing and roosters!

Top Dawg 07-07-2013 10:41 AM

Don't know about that area but cabo is infested with billfish and also lot of roosters.

BigChaf 07-07-2013 11:09 AM

I have to ask, how safe is an american in Mexico these days?

Jcredeur 07-07-2013 11:14 AM

From what I have been told of this area if you stay in the resort areas and not in the trouble areas its safe. But if you go looking for trouble you can surely find it.

Top Dawg 07-07-2013 01:49 PM

Cabo seemed very safe. I never felt unsafe one time while there. Matter of fact ill be goin back next year.

Let um land 07-07-2013 04:29 PM

Cabo

Three friends went this year back in April, they highly recommend it. Two out the three got sea sick like never before and said they go back in a minute. Looking at booking for next Sept.

latravcha 07-07-2013 05:06 PM

Check out secrets in cabo. We are planning a trip ther this fall

Jcredeur 07-07-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Let um land (Post 602509)
Three friends went this year back in April, they highly recommend it. Two out the three got sea sick like never before and said they go back in a minute. Looking at booking for next Sept.

Do you know where they stayed and who they fished with? Been looking online and have an idea but wanted to see if anyone else fished down there.

Cabo looks amazing but also more commercialized. We were looking for something a little less touristy. That's how I stumbled on Zihu. The rates in Ixtapa and Zihu are so affordable that I was kind of Leary at first!

Thanks for all of the insight!

Let um land 07-07-2013 09:08 PM

Cabo

Will ask. Got a lot on the plate for tomorrow. Give me a text to remind me and I'll get your info. 337-945-7847

ragheadforareason 07-08-2013 09:33 PM

Costa Rica

Have you considered Costa Rica? Went last August with my wife and another couple for our 25 anniversaries and caught 20 bf tuna, 3 grouper, 2 chicken dolphin, 1 sail and a 325# black marlin - an absolutely awesome trip. I would gladly provide details.

Congratulations and Good Luck!!