SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Okuma reel replacement parts (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49038)

alphaman 10-29-2013 07:49 PM

Okuma reel replacement parts

I have an okuma trio 40s. Is there a place to order parts for this reel. The gears are messed up. I want to try an fix it vs just trashing the reel.
Thanks

sent from my Galaxy NOTE II

specknation 10-29-2013 10:33 PM

No offense Alpha but do yourself a favor and throw the reel away, it will save you from trying to fix it again.

alphaman 10-29-2013 10:52 PM

Lol. No offense at all bro. I got shimano sahara For me.. and syncopate for the boys but they suck The bail doesn't lock and i want to get them another shimano. I love those real.

alphaman 10-29-2013 10:57 PM

Yes Im going to toss it. Lol

SULPHITE 10-30-2013 08:29 AM

Call okuma direct. I lost the knob and gasket deal for the spool tensioner on an okuma baitcaster...called the parts dept guy gave him the reel description etc and he sent me the parts free of charge.

Gerald 10-31-2013 11:16 PM

Try this site, they should have the parts you need.

https://www.mikesreelrepair.com/index.php

dmtfish 11-01-2013 05:10 AM

You must of got a lemon, I have been fishing Okuma's for my spincast reels for at least 10 yrs, and have never had any issues.

Clampy 11-01-2013 07:21 AM

I had problems with every Okuma i ever owned. I have one trio that had no problems but that's cuz it's the wife's and it doesn't get used. Todd's or TYDs in leecville with swap them out for brand new ones. No questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgizzle 11-01-2013 11:52 AM

Do yourself a big favor and get either a shimano stradic c14 2500 or the fj model I forget the model name. All your problems with deminish. Team it with shimano clarus(bang for buck) and be happy happy happy

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

Clampy 11-01-2013 01:41 PM

Yeah what he said ^ but I rock wright and McGill rods.

Clampy 11-01-2013 01:47 PM

Alpha already knows about them Saharas. I still think for the $$ that's the best spinning real.

alphaman 11-01-2013 08:15 PM

Im going to get the kids the shimano sienna. The syncopate doesnt lock and the kids they hate it, It hard for them to work a popping cork. I

dmtfish 11-02-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clampy (Post 640463)
I had problems with every Okuma i ever owned. I have one trio that had no problems but that's cuz it's the wife's and it doesn't get used. Todd's or TYDs in leecville with swap them out for brand new ones. No questions asked.

Guess I have been lucky then. I have a Trio, and Epixor, and 2 inspiras that I have never had issues with. On the other hand, I bought an H2O express as a back up baitcast reel a few months ago after hearing good reviews. What a piece of junk, I brought it back 3 times and after the 3rd reel gave me problems, I returned it and bought another Lews.

Clampy 11-02-2013 07:25 AM

Gotta love that Lews. I wanna get that new inshore model but I can't justify another reel.
The inspira 30 is a sweet little reel but I just never could keep one together. If you live close to leeville Okuma is prolly all I would run. Bring em in to TYDs and get a new one at the first sign of a problem.

alphaman 11-02-2013 05:33 PM

I like that lews spinning reel. Its going to either be lews or sienna, For the boy.