SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Catahoula Blind (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50823)

ColtonS 01-20-2014 09:46 AM

Catahoula Blind

Well unfortunately duck season is over down here in swla. It was a pretty good season,but I still have a little bit of an itch to scratch. A couple of friends and I are planning to make a hunt next Saturday in the east zone and we are leaning towards going to Catahoula. I know about the history of this area and the many blinds on the lake. We don't want to step on anyones toes and would never hunt someones blind without permission but setting up a boat blind may be tough given the close proximity of the blinds. My question is this, are there any Catahoula hunters with blinds they won't be hunting Saturday and wouldn't mind allowing a few out of towners hunt one. We have boats and decoys and everything, just not a blind. I understand thus may be a long shot. If we can't find a blind we will just hunt from our boat but I figured this may be a little easier and less hassle.Thank you

Top Dawg 01-20-2014 10:13 AM

Just pick a blind and hunt it. It's publics land and first come first serve. That we we do when we go. Usually got decoys out already and everything. Good luck.

Raymond 01-20-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 660208)
Just pick a blind and hunt it. It's publics land and first come first serve. That we we do when we go. Usually got decoys out already and everything. Good luck.

That's a standard practice in the lake BUT, if the owner shows up you will have to find another spot. You don't want to get sideways with the locals up there because it will not end well for you. I just texted a guy that bought a dog from me that has 12 blinds on the lake. If he says there are blinds that will not be hunted I can try and get gps and send to you in pm.

slimbullet 01-20-2014 11:04 AM

No ducks on Catahoula as of yesterday. a few canvasbacks

ColtonS 01-20-2014 11:38 AM

thanks

Thanks Raymond. I appreciate the help. As far as canvasbacks thats fine with us. We just arent ready to put up the gun. A diver hunt will be a nice change from our area too.

Raymond 01-20-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColtonS (Post 660232)
Thanks Raymond. I appreciate the help. As far as canvasbacks thats fine with us. We just arent ready to put up the gun. A diver hunt will be a nice change from our area too.

Toledo Bend might be an easier hunt

ColtonS 01-20-2014 11:51 AM

I have access to a camp on Toledo. We hunted it between the coastal splits and did very good, but it closed this weekend as well. Only east zone is open now unfortunately.