SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Crevalle new boat advice needed. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55521)

sparkyc4 08-09-2014 11:48 PM

Crevalle new boat advice needed.

So I am finally in the market for a new/used boat. Been looking around and saw these new "Crevalle" 23 and 25 bay boats that seem to meet all of my needs.

I am looking for versatility. My number one target is Specks, but I like to hit the rigs on calm days out of Fourchon or Venice. On the occasion I will make the pilgrimage to BL, but i live in the east so Lake P., Rigolets, and Point-a-la-hache are my stomping grounds. I also like to go pleasure boating from time to time with the family down in Manchac and Springfield.

Budget is/was $300/month...until I saw the Crevalle. Wife and I love it and it seems to fit our needs, but I don't know anyone that has used one. I heard the designer came from Pursuit.

Any alternatives I should look for or go for broke and get what I want?

ifsteve 08-11-2014 11:51 AM

Sparky

I strongly considered the Crevalles when looking at bay boats. They seem to be a very nice boat. I have not ridden in one yet. For a number of reasons I finally narrowed my choice down to a Blue Wave 2400 Pure Bay. Of all the boats I looked at the Pure Bay seemed to be the best overall boat for the money. They have a ton of standard features and I have crawled all over several of the and the layout is great and the overall quality is top notch. I also sea trialed one and was very impressed.

Just my thoughts. The one thing that pushed me away from the Crevalle was their weight. Fairly heavy boat for that size and think it would impact real draft more than what I was looking for.

Good luck.

bayouchub 08-11-2014 12:04 PM

Great choice on the blue wave. I am very impressed with mine.

DA COVE 08-11-2014 12:48 PM

That Crevalle got some weight to it.. 23'=2800lb, 25' 3100lb with no motor.

ifsteve 08-11-2014 01:09 PM

Sparky

To answer your most important question: Life if is too short to mess around. Go for broke and get what you want!!

latravcha 08-11-2014 01:51 PM

[SIZE=3]

That crevalle looks like a nice boat.
I am in the same position as you. I’m planning on selling my blazer bay soon. I want something to take the family out in one day, fish specks and reds the next, and run out for snapper and aj's when the weather allows.
I would really love another offshore boat but it is not practical, epically for pulling the kids in the tube.
I have been looking at the new 24bx Sea hunt or used Everglades 243.
I think the Crevalle now an option. Do you have a price range on the 25'?
[/SIZE]

keakar 08-11-2014 02:16 PM

its not what you asked about, but i came across these the other day that might be of interest, I know nothing about the brands though.

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/boa/4606074821.html - bumble bee

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/bod/4595342095.html - black water

fishinpox 08-11-2014 05:11 PM

i will sell you my 240ltspro triton

ifsteve 08-11-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 713475)
i will sell you my 240ltspro triton

I would think about that boat but look at my sports teams and that will tell you why we couldn't possibly do business together. :rotfl:

specknation 08-11-2014 06:40 PM

Sportsman 227 Bay Master really nice boat priced right, fit and finish and wiring really well done with a great layout.

fishinpox 08-11-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifsteve (Post 713476)
I would think about that boat but look at my sports teams and that will tell you why we couldn't possibly do business together. :rotfl:

as long as you arent a michigan fan we r good lol

ifsteve 08-11-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 713558)
as long as you arent a michigan fan we r good lol

Sorry I HATE the OSU. They got a BCS bowl bid a few years back with an undeserving 10-2 record while my BSU Broncos got snubbed with a perfect season.

Now you are probably a right nice guy but sorry no can do. :*****:

keakar 08-11-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifsteve (Post 713568)

so your going to pass on a nice boat purely because the other guy likes a team you don't like? sorry but that's just WAY beyond silly, but to each his own :confused:

im sure its not like the boat is painted in his school colors or anything :rolleyes:

fishinpox 08-12-2014 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifsteve (Post 713568)
Sorry I HATE the OSU. They got a BCS bowl bid a few years back with an undeserving 10-2 record while my BSU Broncos got snubbed with a perfect season.

It's because Boise state sucks, bottom line .perfect season they got lucky . In 2 years there will be another "Boise state" that everyone is hyped up about. I wanna see consistency over years and years like tOSU has

swamp snorkler 08-12-2014 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keakar (Post 713573)
so your going to pass on a nice boat purely because the other guy likes a team you don't like? sorry but that's just WAY beyond silly, but to each his own :confused:

im sure its not like the boat is painted in his school colors or anything :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:I'm pretty sure they messin around.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

keakar 08-12-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 713585)
:rolleyes::rolleyes:I'm pretty sure they messin around.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

lol ok, I just take people at their word by what they say and you cant tell intent on the internet

sparkyc4 08-12-2014 09:16 AM

I really do like the pure Bay 24, gonna have to take some test drives. Decided to go for something new for financing, warranty and dealership backing purposes.

Anyone want to show off their Bluewave and take me on a trout trip? We'll split the costs.

ifsteve 08-12-2014 09:38 AM

Keakar - yes I am just messing with fishingpox. :)

fishingpox - If you think consistency is important (I agree) perhaps you should see who has the most wins in FBS in the 2000s. Hint - it aint the OSU. :smokin:

OP - sorry for the derail. Good luck finding a ride on a bluewave. I think you will be very impressed. :cool::cool:

kb7722 08-12-2014 09:45 AM

I looked at a Sportsman a couple months ago and was impressed with the features and finish quality. I was surprised I had not heard them mentioned more after seeing them.

sparkyc4 08-12-2014 09:54 AM

Sportsman definitely has something going. Good build for the price.