SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Offshore Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Grand Isle - June 1st, 2nd, 3rd Offshore Buddy Boat? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59813)

Mako19 05-14-2015 11:00 AM

Grand Isle - June 1st, 2nd, 3rd Offshore Buddy Boat?

I will be rig fishing out of Bridgeside Marina in Grand Isle on June 1st, 2nd, and possibly the 3rd too (Monday - Wednesday), depending on how worn out we are after fishing Tuesday.

We will be heading South South-East and fishing anywhere between 30-50 miles out at various rigs that we have had success at in previous years. The water depth in this area is 250'-600'. Target species are Snapper, Lemon fish, Amberjack (catch, tag, and release), and anything else that wants to take an ice bath. We have also caught almaco jacks, Huge Croakers, Big White Trout, Chicken Dolfin, and a variety of other species in this area. We are bringing some trolling gear and hoping that we find the rip line as we did last year.

I was wondering if anyone else is interested in fishing this area during this time period and would want to hook up and do the buddy boat system. We don't have to fish the same rig all day but at least stay within radio contact distance. Having another boat out there in radio contact gives us much more confidence about being that far offshore with a single motor.

If anyone is interested let me know either by replying to this thread or sending me a private message.

meaux fishing 05-14-2015 01:00 PM

Grand Isle - June 1st, 2nd, 3rd Offshore Buddy Boat?

I might be down. Lemme see if I can line up a crew and a place to stay

mr crab 05-16-2015 07:34 AM

Holla at ya boy

swampboy 05-22-2015 09:01 AM

Man if I would have a bigger boat I would def go...

Mako19 05-22-2015 11:29 AM

Wanted to bump this thread in case anyone missed it the first time.

Mr. Crab, If you are interested send me your number in a Private Message and I'll give you a call.

Meaux, we rented a cabin at Bridgeside with 4 double beds for around $130/night. It also has a 48 hour cancellation deal in case the weather doesn't cooperate.

haoward 05-22-2015 01:47 PM

I sure hope the weather will be good!

Mako19 05-23-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haoward (Post 755574)
I sure hope the weather will be good!

Keeping my fingers crossed. Not looking good through Thursday. The ol 19' Mako would not fare well in 4-5 footers.

With a 10 day season 4-5 days of bad weather puts a major dent in it.

mr crab 05-26-2015 08:33 AM

Lemme holler at ugly duckling.

meaux fishing 05-26-2015 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr crab (Post 756036)
Lemme holler at ugly duckling.

that your boy with the new boat? Weather looking good.

mr crab 05-26-2015 08:38 AM

Yeah. Might roll outta sabine tho.

mr crab 05-26-2015 08:38 AM

We gonna be out there tho. Bet that.

mr crab 05-26-2015 08:46 AM

Mr crab offshore slangin snaps....sick of slangin mustards straight wadin on the flats....prolly catch a ling, prolly stick a king.....gonna find the weed line ...what?...do the dam thing.....aint comin in till the boxes are full...i don't give a dam bout a 2 fish rule...igotta bubba blade, i gotta fillet knife....i might catch 50 snaps opening night.....wreckin baws

T-Bone 05-26-2015 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr crab (Post 756047)
Mr crab offshore slangin snaps....sick of slangin mustards straight wadin on the flats....prolly catch a ling, prolly stick a king.....gonna find the weed line ...what?...do the dam thing.....aint comin in till the boxes are full...i don't give a dam bout a 2 fish rule...igotta bubba blade, i gotta fillet knife....i might catch 50 snaps opening night.....wreckin baws

Sounds like ya still coming down off them PBR's. LOL!!! Mr.Crab AKA Salty Rapper Wherever ya'll go, stay safe and take no chances. Good luck and fill the boxes.