SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Season Part 2 ....Kill Zone (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6076)

"W" 12-15-2009 03:45 PM

Season Part 2 ....Kill Zone

Now my part of the Duck Split opens up this weekend...... 1st time I will pick up my gun since Teal season..... We are holding some good ducks right now so it sould be on this WEEKEND!!!! Steel and Feathers everywhere:D

Little Video to pump you up..... Crank it UP

Raymond 12-15-2009 04:01 PM

Not at all excited about our second split, thinking about bringing the bayboat down to ride into the lease this weekend.:shaking: I figure that the water is probably two foot higher than the last day of the first split.
Hopeing that I am wrong but with all of the rain we have north of us
it might be done for the season. Recieved a report of birds west in the
Jim Bell marsh and did not see any birds on my trip to Laf today along the
interstate.

Deadly D 12-15-2009 04:10 PM

W dont get your hopes to high. All reports around here is not good. A few birds but scattered:cry:. My brother up in north east La said last year at this time the reserve had thousands and there might be a few hundred now.

huntin fool 12-15-2009 04:14 PM

Heard laccasine was loaded....Sabine has nothing but skeeters.

B-Stealth 12-15-2009 04:22 PM

Shhh

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 91677)
Heard sabine was loaded

Shhhh I might be going Sunday.

"W" 12-15-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap'n D (Post 91676)
W dont get your hopes to high. All reports around here is not good. A few birds but scattered:cry:. My brother up in north east La said last year at this time the reserve had thousands and there might be a few hundred now.

Eric said the teal and mallards are thick in the area.....Holding in the second crop rice...about 2000 Specks on his farm right now..... Lots of teal early..... Unless this fronts moves them away should have some teal

huntin fool 12-15-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 91681)
Shhhh I might be going Sunday.

:*****::*****::*****::*****::*****::*****:

I've yet to go to Sabine or Lac. This year. Didn't get the invite..

B-Stealth 12-15-2009 04:38 PM

Sherpa

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 91684)
:*****::*****::*****::*****::*****::*****:

I've yet to go to Sabine or Lac. This year. Didn't get the invite..

How fast can you push a boat through the mud, and how many decoys can you carry?:smokin:

huntin fool 12-15-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Stealth (Post 91690)
How fast can you push a boat through the mud, and how many decoys can you carry?:smokin:

lmao

I carry my sack of 'deeks, and push my 'rogue great...but if ya was smart you throw the deeks in the 'rogue make sit easier :D

"W" 12-15-2009 04:45 PM

nothing but 3 1/2 # 2's....... Get your guns cocked and get ready for Steel Shot!!!

adamsfence 12-15-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 91694)
nothing but 3 1/2 # 2's....... Get your guns cocked and get ready for Steel Shot!!!

your asking for pain

huntin fool 12-15-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 91694)

LMAO,

You bringing an extra set of clothes after you get knocked down in the mud from them 3 1/2's??

"W" 12-15-2009 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 91698)
LMAO,

You bringing an extra set of clothes after you get knocked down in the mud from them 3 1/2's??

Take em all...down....no mercy:p

T-Red 12-15-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 91700)
Take em all...down....no mercy:p

nice gun

all star rod 12-15-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 91683)
Eric said the teal and mallards are thick in the area.....Holding in the second crop rice...about 2000 Specks on his farm right now..... Lots of teal early..... Unless this fronts moves them away should have some teal

I find we do better in Kaplan when it is 50 degrees for the teal then when it is 30. We mostly shoot teal at my lease. Just wish this rain could of hit on SAT. When it rains we usually shoot our 3 limits of bird....mostly teal with a few bid ducks. Cannot wait til SAT.

cajunsorc 12-15-2009 06:30 PM

with all of this rain i've been studying up on my duck identification...we normally have boring bags in the field i hunt with mallards, pintail, teal and the occasional grey and widgeon.......I'm expecting to be trying to tell the difference between greater and lesser scaup, ringnecks, redheads and canvasbacks......Not all excited about shooting divers

all star rod 12-15-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajunsorc (Post 91750)
with all of this rain i've been studying up on my duck identification...we normally have boring bags in the field i hunt with mallards, pintail, teal and the occasional grey and widgeon.......I'm expecting to be trying to tell the difference between greater and lesser scaup, ringnecks, redheads and canvasbacks......Not all excited about shooting divers

Some people actually eat those birds.......:puke::puke::puke:
I think I would rather eat a Spoon than those listed!:*****:
On Spoons, I like to shoot the HENS......to delete the population!:*****:

cajunsorc 12-15-2009 06:43 PM

If we shoot divers, Im planning on breasting em and making sausage!!!

all star rod 12-15-2009 06:48 PM

Going set back out the Deks tomorrow in Kaplan.....I will hate to see how much water we have now in all the fields........

adamsfence 12-15-2009 06:54 PM

I eat divers we shoot a lot of them at red river but I'm not going to say they are the best duck but good ducks