SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Guy (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66413)

Mossive 02-03-2017 11:48 AM

New Guy

Hey Everyone!

I have recently transplanted my family to BR from the Dallas area for work. I found this forum trying to find spots to bass fish. Bank for now until I can find a boat.

I'm also hoping to find areas i can take my family camping/RV/ATV-ing down here in louisiana as well.

I can't promise i'll offer much for knowledge but i'll sure be sarcastic with the best of them.

CM

jchief 02-03-2017 12:05 PM

Welcome aboard

wishin i was fishin 02-03-2017 12:35 PM

Welcome Man, lots of outdoor activities here in South Louisiana!

shellman 02-03-2017 04:22 PM

Welcome to comedy club...lol

Mossive 02-03-2017 04:43 PM

thanks!

cajun_poboy 02-03-2017 05:12 PM

I know there are some atv trails around the Forest Hill area just south of Alexandria. Not sure of the rv accommodations outside of the Indian Creek campground. I have some friends that bring their rv and atv's to Ball, LA which is just north of Alexandria. According to them, there are quite a few places over there. Hope it helps...

tgsx750f2000 02-05-2017 10:13 AM

New Guy

We camp at camp Claiborne multi use trails. Nice campground but no hookups. It's premitive camping but there is bathrooms. There is three trails that make huge circles back to campground. Each camping spot has a burn pit, picnic table and a concrete slab.
You can only ride four wheelers out there with stock tires. No mudding just trails. Big side by sides won't fit through posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davewiseman 02-06-2017 12:29 PM

My folks lived in Gainesville, Tx. just a little north of Dallas but I've been in S. La. since 64. Call Fausse Point State Park to learn when it will open. It is now closed due to high water last Oct. Includes bath facilities, hook-ups and nature trails. Keep this in mind.

=============A buddy fished (boat) in the Morgan City area this morn and found a lot of dirty water. Don't go to this area at the present time.

duckman1911 02-06-2017 01:39 PM

As mentioned Claiborne has lots of trails. It's between Forest Hill and Woodworth. Red dirt has a 36 mile trail and it's nice. Hill country with lots of rock. A good ride though. Have been there several times. If getting muddy is your thing then check out Louisiana Mudfest in Colfax. They have a website.

Mossive 02-10-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajun_poboy (Post 815309)
I know there are some atv trails around the Forest Hill area just south of Alexandria. Not sure of the rv accommodations outside of the Indian Creek campground. I have some friends that bring their rv and atv's to Ball, LA which is just north of Alexandria. According to them, there are quite a few places over there. Hope it helps...

Thanks!