SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338
Default no man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
Wait there I got a 7600 rem that is 26 yrs old and zeroed at 300 and I can shoot the bulls eye out of the paper.
I dont think you understand my post. first off I am saying to go with remington all the way, they are tried and true and great guns.
second, I think you are confused with the term keyholing. A bullet obviously should fly straight and stay in a spiral motion keeping it on target and flying correctly. Keyholing is when a bullet gets all wobbly in flight and when it hits the target, instead of punching right through it and leaving a perfect circle, it hits the target sideways and leaves the target with a "keyhole" shaped hole instead of the perfect circle. keyholing is a bad thing. basically with a gun that is doing that, itd never be accurate as a longer distance gun because the bullet isn't flying straight or consistent.
Keyholing may not be noticeable at 100yds but out past that you may start noticing it. And when someone had this problem browning basically told them Oh well, we will only guarantee it to 100 yards. Which is JUNK and I'd never buy one on that principle anyway. Not to mention look at what your military and law enforcements shoot. If they aren't shooting custom made guns, most are shooting Rem700 or at least guns with the rem700 action.