SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Flounder

Cash: 876
Default Sam Rayburn

Hey guys i just found out i will be fishing in the college fishing tournamaent on Sam Rayburn this week for LSU and was wondering if any of yall have fished it before. Just wanting to know what to expect. Thanks guys
Old 02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

never fished it but a couple of my buddies did. They said there were huge grass flats
Old 02-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

Try the deepwater dropoffs near points with a carolina rigged watermellon red lizzard or a french fry or centerpeade. I have placed in tournaments there in the past at this time of year. Just remember to fish differnet depths as the fish will move around alot at this time of the year. I would suggest starting at needmore point but it gets pounded hard so I would concentrate on finding different points. You can also try around the black forrest which can be good. Also don't forget about the rayburn red rattle trap ripped around the grass. I wish I had a rayburn map in front of me as I could help you out more. On the carolina rig find you some three way swivels and fish one with Lizzard on a two two and a half foot leader and fish the french fry on a six to ten inch lizzard and then you are covering twice as much water. There also is an island up the lake near a bridge that is a major transition point for fish moving in the back of a creek but I don't remember the name. This island is right where the main lake and the creek come in and we used to launch near a bridge and go under the bridge and across the lake from the black forrest is the island its not very big but it had a bunch of willow trees or willow bushes on it. Fish the carolina rig around it also. Another good bait is a wacky worm for this time of year. I hope I helped you. I could be of more use if I had a map in front of me. I used to fish the redman circuit years ago. That circuit is now the bfl
Old 02-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,346

Veech Basin and Farmers Flats are usually good early season spots. Also find spotty grass in 12 - 15' and throw a white/chartruese 1/2 or 3/4 spinner bait.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Ratltrap over grassbeds is killer on that lake this time of the year....me and my pops are making a trip very soon.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Flounder

Thanks everyone for yalls advice
Old 02-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

I like mill creek and tiger creek also but they are usually better during the spawn...like everyone else said needmore and farmers flats are both good choices this time of year. We always did good on a Methylate (help on the spelling) wacky worm and watermelon red brush hogs carolina rigged around now.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Flounder

Results of the tournament are as follows 1st place LAMAR UNIVERSITY w 8.07 2nd TEXAS A&M-CORPUS CHRISTI w 8.06 3rd TARLETON STATE TEXAS w 8.03 I came in 15th out of 40 with one fish that weighed 1.13. over all not a very good day. fishing was real tough. 17 out of 40 boats scratched. i just want to say again thanks to everyone who gave their input.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

any ideas as to what 1st through 3rd were fishing with?
Old 02-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,575

Quote:
Results of the tournament are as follows 1st place LAMAR UNIVERSITY w 8.07 2nd TEXAS A&M-CORPUS CHRISTI w 8.06 3rd TARLETON STATE TEXAS w 8.03 I came in 15th out of 40 with one fish that weighed 1.13. over all not a very good day. fishing was real tough. 17 out of 40 boats scratched. i just want to say again thanks to everyone who gave their input.
Not too bad considering the conditions and knowledge of the lake!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .