SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 02-27-2010, 05:57 PM
EPaul's Avatar
EPaul EPaul is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 101
Cash: 814
Default

Bayou Farewell is the best book that I have ever read. Also, I just ordered a book titled, Last Days of Last Island, by Bill Dixon. It is the true story about the days when Last Island was the home to a luxury resort before getting blasted by a hurricane in 1856. Supposedly, the science of hurricane prediction was not nearly as good as it is today and they never saw it coming. It just came in the mail today, so I can't give you an actual review of the book yet.

Another good one that I read is Rising Tide, by John M. Barry, about the flood of 1927 and the leveeing of the Mississippi River in response to it.

I had never heard about Plugger, but I am now planning to get it.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map