SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 04-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343
Default Spring Break '10

not the crazy beach goer that you may think, but i spent almost everyday of my break fishing.

Friday, my brother and I took the yaks on the river near my house and hooked up on a few small mouth bass, nothing to brag about but a great time.

Saturday he and I took the yaks down to big lake to try for some trout and reds. we nearly scratched only picking up a few rat reds and missing some flounder.

Monday headed up to our camp at toledo bend and it was on.
4 of us had 19 keepers tuesday, with almost everything caught on water melon red senkos.

Wednesday was the best of them all, my dads trolling motor broke on one of the boats we have up there so 3 of us piled in the skeeter. We fished 1215 again and caught fish all day, I caught my personal best a 6 lb 2 oz large mouth that convinced me to switch to braid, luckily earlier that morning i had picked up one of dads curados with 30 pound braid on it, well when i hooked into this fish on a baby brush hog (watermelon red), she wrapped around a stump. Long story short, my dad was able to reach down and grab the fish under water and cut the line and bring her up. She was full of eggs and her tail was bleeding from fanning her nest so i let her go to hatch some more monsters.

Around 245, the fish turned it on, they were finning everywhere and hitting every bait we threw, we caught our limit and threw back lots of 13 inch fish.

Thurs morning the weather was too rough so we headed back home,

I came to BR friday and headed down to Grand Isle last night, ended up staying at an amazing camp that Bottom of the boot had the hook up on.

we started the morning out with no wind, and launched the yaks off of hwy 1. After being told by an ignorant "land owner" that the marked channel we were paddling down was private property we dove of into the marsh, (yes, ive studied coastal law and know how it works) when the wind picked up the bite did too, of course the weather men were wrong again, but so is the story of my life.

We caught, tagged, released quite a few rat reds and caught 3 keepers, tailchaser had the biggest going around 28 inches. we hooked up on a few but they got off, the fish were very skiddish today for some reason.

All the reds were caught on either marshworks spinners, or jerk jr bounced on the bottom.

Great day, sorry about the long thread, just got done eating the reds that we caught today, nothing like a red on a grill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P4100002.jpg (39.1 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg P4100003.jpg (42.8 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg P4100004.jpg (48.9 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg P4100006.jpg (25.9 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg P4080010.jpg (77.5 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg P4070002.jpg (27.8 KB, 174 views)
Old 04-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Swordfish

no ice in the ice chest yet

we had a 3 pound average

only 10 fish out of 43 had eggs left, so the north end of the lake's spawn is almost over
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0786.jpg (56.5 KB, 176 views)
Old 04-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

how bout letting me know where you were when you were told that you were tresspassing .
I fish there alot and also try to help folks out w/ info on the area.
Thanks
Old 04-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Swordfish

we were in the road canal and the bayou next to it near where the gated road for that big white structure out in the marsh is.

if the waterbody is not man made, then the land owner owns down to the winter high tide mark.

we were simply paddling through a channel that boats were running through all morning and the guy told us we were trespassing, when i asked him where the private property stops, he said when you get back up on the road, this is when i knew he had no clue
Old 04-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,348

That's what I'm talkin about. Nice catch Austin. How many beers went down in that week or so?
Old 04-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Swordfish

none man, too busy fishing haha
Old 04-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,318

Dang thats nice yak'em!!!!!!!

I would much rather fish than go to the beach anyday!!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
we were in the road canal and the bayou next to it near where the gated road for that big white structure out in the marsh is.

if the waterbody is not man made, then the land owner owns down to the winter high tide mark.

we were simply paddling through a channel that boats were running through all morning and the guy told us we were trespassing, when i asked him where the private property stops, he said when you get back up on the road, this is when i knew he had no clue
been there , It has allways been posted right around that structure but not to the road . there are (were) some pilings in the canals marking the boundries of that property. the only place it goes to the road is about a 200 yd stretch at the driveway. He was probably someone that has a key and was told if you see anyone tell em to leave.
as long as i'm outside the pilings i just smile and wave.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:49 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

gotta love getting spring break and breaking some lips!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,424

Good job dude, I like how you spent your spring break. It was nice meeting you at the SC Tournament.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

"sorry for the long post'

Are you kidding me? that was a great post!!!
Nice spring break! I can only hope my boy spends his spring break fishing! He is a little young yet but would live in our boat if I let him. LOL

Hey those lip grabbers you have there, what are they?? first time I see one