SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Flounder

Cash: 742

One more thing Ford's current Diesel motors are notoriously bad for not liking is biodiesel. Most truckstops are selling a blended diesel with biodiesel added into it. For the big rigs, it isn't a problem because they rarely stay parked for long and burn so much fuel that. A diesel pickup on the otherhand may sometimes sit a few days without being ran, and sometimes a tank of fuel may last a week or two or more. The problem is the injectors. When this diesel sits, especially in colder weather, the biodiesel will jellyfy, so to speak. When the motor is started this jellied fuel then clogs the injectors and whammo, no power. It's actually a problem with a lot of diesel pick up trucks, but Ford seems to be having the most issues with it.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 851

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
i got an f150 , an 06 w 100,000 miles on it i its safe to say that 85,000 have been pulling construction trailers or boats ive had no problems , if you get a f150 get the 4x4. i have a friend who pulls a 29 ft proline cuddycabin w no probs in a f150

I have a friend that does hotshot. He just traded his 04 Cummins/dooley with 350,000 for a new one just like the old one. All he ever had to fix was a water pump at 280,000. I got the 06 cummins in a 4-wheel drive. Ride is rough as a cobb but by far superior to the F-250 which I still own. With that said I can give an unbiased opinion on both.