SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13  
Old 07-02-2009, 06:17 AM
FlatoutFishin's Avatar
FlatoutFishin FlatoutFishin is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 179
Cash: 1,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachlaw View Post
There's a Texas Barbecue restaurant on Cromwell Road. It's festooned with things from Texas. There's a wooden sign on the wall showing a Confederate Soldier holding a sword and it says, "Remember Sabine Pass". Very cool place and great food.

FOF has great advice on London. Monte, I wonder if we were there at the same time dude! In 1995 I was there from May 27th to July 25th. I went other places, but I based out of London.
I was there the end of May to mid June. My FIL worked for BP and had a bad azz flat next to Hyde Park, that and a Jaguar complete with the front seats backwards. I remember when we went to fill up and it was like $100 U.S. Back then I was floored.....$5 a gallon. We were centrally located and able to walk or take the subway to about anywhere we wanted.
On the way to Bath we stopped at a pub to have lunch....The Thatched Tavern had some good ale, but their fried sole was way fu'ed. Hard fried and with literally a cup of oil floating on top of it....if you can bring some Tony's in, I would. Tabasco wasn't a problem, most places had it. Even that wouldn't have helped this meal though.

Londons cool...wish I could go back!
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map