SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 12-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710
Default Going vbay fri. Afternoon anyone going.

Im going to vbay tomoro afternoon taking off work round 11-12 heading out. Tide is looking good for fri. And sat I'll be out there with my neighbor. Any salty friends going friday.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 548

I plan on fishing close to the Point Friday after work around mid morning. Any word on what the water looks like this week?
Old 12-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

I shall be there if work lets me. Going there Friday and then maybe my virgin expedition to Big Lake on Saturday . New to the area and have fished the west side of V Bay earlier in the year always catch the redfish, but gonna put in at the point this time so I can see some other boats!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
I shall be there if work lets me. Going there Friday and then maybe my virgin expedition to Big Lake on Saturday . New to the area and have fished the west side of V Bay earlier in the year always catch the redfish, but gonna put in at the point this time so I can see some other boats!
If you are new to big lake I wold not suggest saturday as your first trip... Strong SW winds are not usually good for fishing there.... really limits the spots you can fish
Old 12-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

I may be out there friday afternoon gotta get a christmas tree with my family when i get back down south so it depends on how long all that takes
Old 12-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

I might make a run saturday,big lake or v bay
Old 12-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
If you are new to big lake I wold not suggest saturday as your first trip... Strong SW winds are not usually good for fishing there.... really limits the spots you can fish
May be some good advice, looks like its gonna be clippin bout 20 mph. Maybe I will stay home and cook up all those fish I catch on Vbay Friday!
I gotta get out there sooner or later though, gotta learn a few areas and do some wadefishing too.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Great White

Sabine Lake-Calcasieu Lake-
Rest Of Today
East winds 5 to 10 knots becoming southeast in the afternoon. Lake waters a light chop.
Tonight
South winds 5 to 10 knots. Lake waters a light chop.
Friday
South winds 10 to 15 knots. Lake waters choppy.
Friday Night
South winds 5 to 10 knots. Lake waters a light chop.
Saturday
South winds 10 to 15 knots. Lake waters choppy. A slight chance of rain.

Might not be too bad if you go early
Old 12-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Duck Butter
With the southeast winds The areas around the Cypremort Pt landing should be ok Friday, Weeks Bay also. Look for the concentration of boats and should be able to tell quickly if the fish are on.
Not much wade fishing in V-Bay, bottom is too soft.

Last edited by By-Catch; 12-09-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by By-Catch View Post
Duck Butter
With the southeast winds The areas around the Cypremort Pt landing should be ok Friday, Weeks Bay also. Look for the concentration of boats and should be able to tell quickly if the fish are on.
Thanks for the info, I meant wadefishing Big Lake. And I know that the bottom is soft in V Bay also, learned that pretty quick on my virgin trip to the bay and not reading the tide charts Did a little pushing!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

i went today, but with the high pressure of 30.49 we only caught 2 reds and one trout. Water was kinda stained. I could see my bait about 6-8 inches down, so it wasn't too muddy. Wind was calm so I'm hoping that it will clear up over the night and hopefully the pressure will come down with that front coming in sat. afternoon.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I meant wadefishing Big Lake. And I know that the bottom is soft in V Bay also, learned that pretty quick on my virgin trip to the bay and not reading the tide charts Did a little pushing!
The pass is tricky first few times.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
The pass is tricky first few times.
Maybe there is a little more to it! Put in Intracoastal City, went out of the Little Bay area and fished the Fearman Lake area been catching the reds there. Bro-in Law who loves to be outdoors (tree hugger type) but never really had anyone to take him fishing. We go out and he for the love of god can not catch a fish, meanwhile I am catching consistently. The tide is sucking out fast, and its getting dark, but he keeps trying to catch a fish. I am never gonna be the one to say lets go. Tide is out, we cut across Little Bay and the motor is bogging down and I stay on it and before you know it we is stuck! After an hour of getting out the boat and pushin in the mud we get to deeper water and I decide to try and make it to 4 mile. But, anyway we ran out of gas, so trolled, ran the battery down, get raped by mosquitoes and since no battery we had no spotlight power to signal boats to come help and eventually had to call the sheriffs dept to come get us. Which if you did not know, they will NOT tow your boat, they will tow you to a place you can tie it off, and they will transport you back to safe ground, and you are on your own to get it back the next day. Needless to say, got in about 1 in the morning and lost a qt of blood from mosquitoes, and I will be damned if my bro-in law did not come back next weekend and wanna go back
Old 12-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Great White

Quote:
Maybe there is a little more to it! Put in Intracoastal City, went out of the Little Bay area and fished the Fearman Lake area been catching the reds there. Bro-in Law who loves to be outdoors (tree hugger type) but never really had anyone to take him fishing. We go out and he for the love of god can not catch a fish, meanwhile I am catching consistently. The tide is sucking out fast, and its getting dark, but he keeps trying to catch a fish. I am never gonna be the one to say lets go. Tide is out, we cut across Little Bay and the motor is bogging down and I stay on it and before you know it we is stuck! After an hour of getting out the boat and pushin in the mud we get to deeper water and I decide to try and make it to 4 mile. But, anyway we ran out of gas, so trolled, ran the battery down, get raped by mosquitoes and since no battery we had no spotlight power to signal boats to come help and eventually had to call the sheriffs dept to come get us. Which if you did not know, they will NOT tow your boat, they will tow you to a place you can tie it off, and they will transport you back to safe ground, and you are on your own to get it back the next day. Needless to say, got in about 1 in the morning and lost a qt of blood from mosquitoes, and I will be damned if my bro-in law did not come back next weekend and wanna go back
That sucks bro...little bay is very shallow on low tide,used to run it with a tunnel hull and got stuck a few times.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Duck Butter, sorry to hear that the trip turned out that way, I have had a couple of those in V-Bay also. I fished in my yak from the Point today from around 10:00am till around 12:30. Fished the same patterns and area that worked last time but did not do anything this time. Water was ok but cold and very windy. Saw a few boats in the cove but did not go out there, hope someone did some good?
Old 12-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 789

We're getting to the time of year when "the point" shuts down... No one knows where the trout go? Happens every year middle to end of December... Oh well...
Old 12-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by By-Catch View Post
That's what everyone said about big lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinions_Vary View Post
We're getting to the time of year when "the point" shuts down... No one knows where the trout go? Happens every year middle to end of December... Oh well...
When it gets too cold/fresh for the shrimp, the trout must switch to mullet. If the salinity stays high I don't see why they would all leave.

I think the fish migrate east and west.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 789

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
That's what everyone said about big lake.

When it gets too cold/fresh for the shrimp, the trout must switch to mullet. If the salinity stays high I don't see why they would all leave.

I think the fish migrate east and west.

Have personal experience with the silt in v-bay... it is scary soft. In ICY i drove my boat on a mud flat and couldn't get out to push (thought it was a bad Idea once I was past my knee and half way out of the boat). At the point I wrapped a crab trap and had to jump in 3ft of water I was 4ft deep. As for the trout, I'm not sure what they do. The salinity stays pretty high until the snow melt but the trout are usually no where to be found. I'm convinced that some never leave but i know that the majority dissapear around the middle of december. Water usually gets really dirty with the fronts, even the reefs shut down. They may all go to the SW pass and wait for the spring
Old 12-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinions_Vary View Post
Have personal experience with the silt in v-bay... it is scary soft. In ICY i drove my boat on a mud flat and couldn't get out to push (thought it was a bad Idea once I was past my knee and half way out of the boat). At the point I wrapped a crab trap and had to jump in 3ft of water I was 4ft deep. As for the trout, I'm not sure what they do. The salinity stays pretty high until the snow melt but the trout are usually no where to be found. I'm convinced that some never leave but i know that the majority dissapear around the middle of december. Water usually gets really dirty with the fronts, even the reefs shut down. They may all go to the SW pass and wait for the spring
That sumbeech is like quicksand! See my above post, but redneck engineering came into play. You may laugh now but it worked like a charm. It is hard to push a boat off a mud flat if you are constantly pulliing yourself out also. So I took my anchor rope and tied a 5 gallon bucket to the handle and threw it in the direction I wanted to go and then pulled on the rope. Took a little while, but it worked. MacGuyver stuff