SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 708
Hairout Scammers can really tick you off!!

I have posted a couple things on here due to my truck being totalled Sunday. You guys have tried to help and have offered sound ideas and appreciated advice.

I also posted on Craigslist and I must have gotten 50 emails from a bunch of scammers and these jerks and a)(#$##@*@ are trying to take advantage of someone in need. Wish I could see some of them face to face. Im 6'1" and 295 lbs of pissed off and would clean some clocks!!

I was born in the night but not last night!!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

What were they doin so the rest of us know what to look for if we ever encounter the same situation?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

X2
Old 02-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,063

Posted a trolling motor a while back and had the same problem. They offer you a money order for more than the amount you are asking, and tell you to go cash it. Not sure what happens after that but i'm it's not good.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I put some rods on there one time...which I never should of because they sold here in 15mins... I had a guy email me and offer 3 times what I wanted...and if he could send me 300,000 dollars to my account in the US . I wanted to play his game also... I said I will open a new account and he can transfer the 300,000 to that account. Told him I was a lawyer and once the funds were cleared I would take 30,000 cash until he wanted the money back!!!.... Hummm no reply!!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 708

Asking stupid questions--will you take an international money order and I will pay extra to have you remove the ad right now.

one said he was a capt of a cruise ship and wanted to ask if you still had the "item" or "product". Can my "courier" pick up the item--I will send Money by western Union.

Crap like this. Several others. Its all bull crap.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Redfish

Cash: 656

We was dog shopping online the other day and tried to get scammed twice .. People was talking about they were free all we had to pay was shipping to a pet couirer and wanted pics of us and our house .. Well they didn't get none of that told them the were a full of **** and it was a scam.. They said they were good Christian people and the bible says trust no one ...found out the next day the website listed there name as spam ***
Old 02-09-2011, 10:09 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864
Hairout

here's the email I received yesterday about my 5th wheel hitch I posted on Craiglist:

Hi,
I am very interested and will buy at your price. I would have loved to come and see it,but my schedule is very tight.Your payment will be mailed out once you provide your full name.phone number and address.I can only pay via money order as am on a business trip now.I dont want to lose this to someone else so I won't mind adding $30 so you can keep it in my favor.You should get your payment in 3-4 working days.I will appreciate if you can get the ad off craigslist so i can be sure you are keeping it in my favor.Please let me know as soon as you receive it so i can start making arrangement for the pick-up.Thanks
Joe
Old 02-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,383

Majority of these type scams originate overseas.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

That's why you pay pal only
Old 02-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Once I emailed a guy about a bass boat under the lake charles craigslist. He responded that he was in the military overseas but the boat was in carolina all packed up and ready to ship. Scam.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,654

Normally things like this are spam bots, next tine you list something request that they make the subject line "Shimano" if you are selling a reel.
If you get an email and the subject line says Shimano good deal you have a real person, just the ad listing as the subject line is SPAM!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I got 4 or 5 checks overnighted to me via FedEx when I had my Harley on there. They were hacking accounts of real businesses and their FedEx accounts as well. Pretty annoying!