SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #24  
Old 05-08-2009, 09:02 PM
coachlaw's Avatar
coachlaw coachlaw is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Angleton, TX, C.S.A.
Posts: 536
Cash: 747
Default

In La. they had the LEAP test. Same idea as the TAKS, but wayyyy easier. I think it's actually these standardized tests that are making everyone stupid. When I was told a while back that all my tests had to be multiple choice, no more essay questions on the tests, I knew something was wrong. Instead of teaching kids to think, everything is multiple choice. My response to this edict was that life isn't multiple choice.

Y'all want a laugh? I'm from La. but here I teach Texas history. I had to read the text book before my first year just so I could learn the material. After 5 years, I kind of know what I'm doing. Before I took my current job, I taugh Civics/Government, U.S. History, World History, Sociology, Psychology, and World Geography. Also taught Economics, but I didn't understand the textbook. That didn't last long.

People here laugh and say it takes a Coonass to teach Texas history. Even though I'm not a real Coonass, I got tired of arguing that here and I just laugh.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map