SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Ok got another question. I went today and looked and when I tried the Harpoons they don't fit but the Triple Tails did and i really like them. I am gona get the tortoise frames but should I get copper or amber lenses?
Old 06-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 576

I have always liked the Harpoon with blue 580. Everyone says the blue is for offshore but I have really been happy with it in the marsh
Old 06-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Flounder

Cash: 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
I can't tell the difference between the 580 & 400 lenses at all.
Not everyone can tell a difference. The 580s aren't for everyone. The best way to decide is to go outside and look around with the same color lense in each and see if you can tell a difference. If you can't, there's no reason to spend the extra. I'm as happy as can be with my 400 blue mirror Tags.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Flounder

Cash: 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
Ok got another question. I went today and looked and when I tried the Harpoons they don't fit but the Triple Tails did and i really like them. I am gona get the tortoise frames but should I get copper or amber lenses?
All depends on how much glare you can handle in the situation you are using them for. I got the blue mirror for max effect because I am on the road alot staring at the sunlight beaming off the back of the car in front of me.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,225

I have 4 pairs of costas, 2 with 400 lenses and 2 with 580 lenses. I wear the 400s around town and while driving bc they are lighter and more comfortable. I wear the 580s fishing bc they block out more yellow light than the 400s. Yellow light is what causes glare. So essentially, the 580s give you crisper vision and allow you to see things better when looking into the water by cutting light glare. I fish big lake multiple times per week and I have found that the green mirror 580 lenses are the best match for the color of water we are blessed with in swla. Blue mirror is great for clear, blue water offshore. Copper and Amber color lenses are great for rainy or cloudy/grey/overcast conditions because they seem to make the environment brighter. I recommend getting the 580 lenses. You won't notice much difference between the 400 and 580 lenses driving in the car, but on the water the difference is dramatic. Get you some 580s - they are worth the extra cost.