SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 08-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 664
FlagUS New to Inshore/saltwater fishing

[SIZE=3]Hello to all,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I’m new to the “SaltyCajun”forum and new to Inshore/saltwater fishing, grew up and love freshwater fishing. My Dad and I made a trip in 2010 to Hackberry to fish for Garfish using jug lines we did manage to catch six and had a blast doing it. We are planning a five day trip in mid August 2011; we’ll be camping at the Intercoastal Park and will try fishing for speckle trout fish in “Big Lake”. Any tips on where to launch a boat, and where to fish would be greatly appreciated. We are not looking to fill up a 100 qt ice chest of fish just want to go in the lake enjoy ourselves and catch a few fish. Most importantly get away from that telephone and work for a few days. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]P.S. If ya’ll see a Triton Bass boat out there that will be us, color of the boat is white/brown with a dual console.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thanks,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Lester[/SIZE]
Old 08-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 717

I grew up freshwater fishin. Now that I've been salt water, I have an entire different view. Good luck!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Sand Trout

LOL Yeah that's what everbody tells me.. I find it hard to believe that I'll give up Bass/White Perch fishing. Only the futhure will tell.. Really just wanting to get away from the telephone and work for a few days. I'm sure my dad and I will enjoy the trip regardless if we catch fish or not.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
LOL Yeah that's what everbody tells me.. I find it hard to believe that I'll give up Bass/White Perch fishing. Only the futhure will tell.. Really just wanting to get away from the telephone and work for a few days. I'm sure my dad and I will enjoy the trip regardless if we catch fish or not.
If you look on a map you'll probably see long point on the west side of the lake. I'd start there and make my way south fishing along near the ship channel. I am no expert of the lake. I can't even manage 20 trout a trip this year, but there is plenty of action around that part of the lake and I witnessed that live bait has been working better than our artificials.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

This should help. All the areas in Black hold fish consistently.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg big lake 2.JPG (50.0 KB, 148 views)
Old 08-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Ling

Live shrimp under a cork is easy and will catch a nice variety of fish. As far as artificial, a lead head in 3/8oz or 1/4oz with a Norton Sand Eel in glow/chart, or purple/chart, or chart colors will work. If you need tackle Cajun Fast Mart in south of Sulphur on Hwy 27 will get you fixed up. Pm me if you need some more help from here.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet View Post
Live shrimp under a cork is easy and will catch a nice variety of fish. As far as artificial, a lead head in 3/8oz or 1/4oz with a Norton Sand Eel in glow/chart, or purple/chart, or chart colors will work. If you need tackle Cajun Fast Mart in south of Sulphur on Hwy 27 will get you fixed up. Pm me if you need some more help from here.
Nice Shawn, thanks for the details for our new member. $20 SC cash for you....
Old 08-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Nice Shawn, thanks for the details for our new member. $20 SC cash for you....
Thanks Ckinchen
Old 08-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Ling

Quote:
I forgot, before you head south stop on in at The Tackle Box and load up on tackle. Ask for OB and he'll set you up with EVERYTHING you need including tips and present reports.
The Tackle Box
1931 Maplewood Dr Sulphur, LA 70663
(337) 625-6401
Old 08-08-2011, 02:18 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,457

Great advise man.....so thas where "W" gets all those fish ;-)
Old 08-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
[SIZE=3]Hello to all,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I’m new to the “SaltyCajun”forum and new to Inshore/saltwater fishing, grew up and love freshwater fishing. My Dad and I made a trip in 2010 to Hackberry to fish for Garfish using jug lines we did manage to catch six and had a blast doing it. We are planning a five day trip in mid August 2011; we’ll be camping at the Intercoastal Park and will try fishing for speckle trout fish in “Big Lake”. Any tips on where to launch a boat, and where to fish would be greatly appreciated. We are not looking to fill up a 100 qt ice chest of fish just want to go in the lake enjoy ourselves and catch a few fish. Most importantly get away from that telephone and work for a few days. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]P.S. If ya’ll see a Triton Bass boat out there that will be us, color of the boat is white/brown with a dual console.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thanks,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Lester[/SIZE]
Where you are planning to stay, there are 2 boat launches and a fish cleanning station.

IF you want to get live Shrimp.....there are 2 nearby places. Down south of the interstate park, in Hackberry there is Spicers marina. You can drive there [bring a 5 gallon bucket] or go by boat.

Or....you can go to Calcasieu Point landing by boat. This landing is about 5 miles going east in the International Coastal Water way. Just look for the fishing pier on the north side and turn off to the left side.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Sand Trout

Thanks to all for tips. If any of you are looking to make a freshwater fishing trip to the Saline/Larto area PM I'll be more than happy to give some tips on where to try. This time of the year it's slow but the fall and spring is alot of fun