SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 09-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 632

It's gonna be hard to find someone to do better work than Glenn Beebe at the Yamaha Shop.

X2 The one thing I like about him is he takes the time to explain what is going on with your motor does sell unneccessary stuff you don't need and will tell you that you don't need it. He will also explain how to change parts if you want to do it yourself and even draw a diagram. I guess that is more than one thing just a all around good guy.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott craft View Post
I'm not one to go around bad mouthing people or businesses but I'll share my experiences. I'm sure others have had good experiences at these places so take it for what it's worth.

The guy I bought my suzuki from had it rebuilt by Larry Corbello here in Moss Bluff. That's who removed the oil injection. I couldn't get my boat to run over 28 with this suzuki on it. Took it to Lake Area since they are the suzuki dealer. They said the bottom plug had moisture on it and the compression was 100 psi on all three cylinders, but they cleaned the plug and said it was good to go. Needless to say the boat ran the same after they worked on it as before. Next stop was DHP. I got them to change the waterpump while it was there and they did fine on that. They wanted to run it in the water which was fine by me. One of the guys took it out and ran it and said it felt fine, but didn't have a gps with him. I guess he didn't notice the tach in front of him saying 4500 rpms. I do give them credit for not fixing it wrong, but with a tach and gps reading it should have been obvious this motor isn't performing up to par. After giving money to two shops I decided to look at it myself since I couldn't do any worse than the last two places. I got a manual and checked the ignition system. I've found a coil under the flywheel is out of tolerance on the resistance. Today I took the motor to a guy in Moss Bluff to get the flywheel pulled and he noticed some problems with the way the oil injection was removed that are probably hurting the performance.

To cast a little positive light on this post I would buy a boat from Lake Area. The boat buying end I don't have an issue with, just the mechanics. As far as a good mechanic I've had good experiences with Glenn Beebe at the Yamaha Shop.
I'm not gonna sugar coat anything...Lake Area Marine screwed me w/o lube and will never see another penny from me!!! I'll go to Beaumont!!