SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 10-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Was catchin croakers for bait one time picked up da stringer and had a giant cobra hangin off a croaker.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,225

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
I have a snake head that you thread on your line with a 7 inch u tail worm , the head makes it float and swim on top like a snake. Killer in the spring on those warm days. Or weight it down and fish the beds
Never seen the snake head before but I do like to chunk a 10.5 inch worm weightless and drag it across the surface.

Last edited by BaseballFisherman; 10-17-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

I would have crapped meself.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Was fishing on the Atchaflaya last year and watched a squirrel walk out on a log and eat an acorn. Heard a helluva splash and a gator got that squirrel. About 5 minutes later, that gator went up and put another acorn on that log

Another time on Caney Lake, I was backing the boat down and a squirrel fell out a tree and hit the pavement. Looked dead, so I grabbed it and put it in my tackle box to eat later. Forgot about that thing and after I got to where I was going to fish, I stopped the boat and reached in the tackle box and that dang squirrel jumped out the boat. He had 4 topwater baits stuck to him. Took off into the water and before he got to the bank, there were 4 bass all over 5 lbs hooked to it, I was able to snag the squirrel with a rogue and I caught those 4 bass and another one hit my rogue as I reeled all that in. Woulda kept em but that dang slot got me

In Golden Meadow this year, had a redfish come up and eat my friends popping cork, never did see it come up either
Old 10-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

My father-in-law swears up and down that he once cut open a catfish with a whole cat(feline) inside. To this day he wont eat blue cats.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
My father-in-law swears up and down that he once cut open a catfish with a whole cat(feline) inside. To this day he wont eat blue cats.

Ha, I caught one in the Oua****a River and it had a whole blob of grease in its stomach. Looked like axle grease, we were fishing near a barge and I guess it fell in the water, I gave that one to my uncle
Old 10-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Redfish

Cash: 722
Default snakes in da mot

Minden man years ago got bit on the thumb getting ready to fillet a bass, stuck his thumb in his mouth and bingo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunhntr03 View Post
One of my customers today caught a red. I had forgot my net at my lift so I was grabbing by hand. Imagine my surprise when this red came to the boat with a water moccasin hanging out it's mouth. Snake was dead but didn't change how I felt about it
Old 10-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

I caught a bass in laccassine one time around 6 pounds and when i put it in the ice chest it spit up a blackbird.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
Caught one in the neighborhood pond I used to fish, about 25 pounds, had a puppy in it that drowned about 10 years ago.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,958

That's nuts! Saw one the other day in the ship channel....My buddy said "you see that snake?" I thought he was crazy till we turned around and I saw him swimming way up out the water....I said the only snake that swims out the water like that is a moccasin! Sure enough when we got close to him he tried to get in the boat! Bout 4 foot long and thick thick thick! i would have thought the lake would be too salty for em but guess not!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Flounder

Cash: 691

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
Them Haynie's catch everything!!!!
Yea they doo especially them refurbished reels lmao i wouldve paid big money to see pauls face when he saw that