SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion > Hunting Reports

Hunting Reports Read and share your hunting reports here!

Old 12-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 985
Headknocker Left scratching my head!

Got permission to hunt a spot by my house in Lacassine. So I went out this morning with high hopes. Brought my Mojo Hen and my imitation Mojo teal(Mojo Dove). The cut has water but not alot. I did my best to make it look like it has more water by chrning it up with the wheeler. Threw out about dozen and a half dekes. Crwal up on the levee and wait. Had a group of big ducks take a good look but pass. A group of teal buzzed through at eye level. Nothing else til 0745. When a big body of geese began to move north across the sky etween Lacassine and Welsh. Then the sky was covered with ducks. I mean large numbers. They would hover high and pass. Some wouldn't even look. The geese were actually lower and showed more interest. Left at 10 scratching my head. No clue what to do. Planon hunting again this Sunday. If anyone has any advice I am all ears!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Birds in my kneck of the woods have been hard to work this year, been shootin lots of fly bys. At least your seein birds some people dont have that luxury. On a side note, i dont use my robos on cloudy days. I put mine out yesterday then pulled them early.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

Quote:
Originally Posted by RODBENDER View Post
Got permission to hunt a spot by my house in Lacassine. So I went out this morning with high hopes. Brought my Mojo Hen and my imitation Mojo teal(Mojo Dove). The cut has water but not alot. I did my best to make it look like it has more water by chrning it up with the wheeler. Threw out about dozen and a half dekes. Crwal up on the levee and wait. Had a group of big ducks take a good look but pass. A group of teal buzzed through at eye level. Nothing else til 0745. When a big body of geese began to move north across the sky etween Lacassine and Welsh. Then the sky was covered with ducks. I mean large numbers. They would hover high and pass. Some wouldn't even look. The geese were actually lower and showed more interest. Left at 10 scratching my head. No clue what to do. Planon hunting again this Sunday. If anyone has any advice I am all ears!!!!!!

Did you try shooting at them?
Old 12-24-2011, 12:57 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

Try using just the mojo dove ,if it seems to flare them pull it. I dont really care to use the full size mojo ,because to many people have educated the birds to it .
Old 12-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Spannin wings are all but useless for anything but teal. Find a levee curtain to hide under or some burlap that u can mud up. I have a roll of burlap I will cut u a piece off of but u will need to pickup.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Trophy Trout

I tried just the mojo dove, no mojos at all, calling, no calling and I am well hidden inside my layout blind. You wouldn't know it was there until you trip over it walking past the dekes. No need to shoot at them Iron Man. Some had the O2 masks on and the rest were too far out to shoot at. Correction on the day of my next hunt. It will be Monday morning. If anyone would like to come PM me.

Last edited by RODBENDER; 12-24-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: add message.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

How big of a spread you putting? How big of a hole?
Old 12-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Trophy Trout

I got about 18 dekes out. The cut is huge but the hole i made ia prolly 50 yards by 30 wide. It has approx. 4 inches of water. Is prolly a better goose field than duck. But hey it is free!!!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by RODBENDER View Post
I got about 18 dekes out. The cut is huge but the hole i made ia prolly 50 yards by 30 wide. It has approx. 4 inches of water. Is prolly a better goose field than duck. But hey it is free!!!!!
Free is nice