SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 08-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Ling

Cash: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I know where the power lines are located. I just don't like to potlick anyone unless they are anchored on the spot. More funner that way.
hey ray, did ya get much rain or bad weather such as lightnin? im headin down tomorrow, just curious
Old 08-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n D View Post
Its his hole thats why I only caught W troutIts by that high line

LMAO:shakin g: Back Back Give me 50 Feet
Old 08-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
LMAO:shakin g: Back Back Give me 50 Feet
50 of your feet equals 10 inches ***** sorry, couldnt pass it up
Old 08-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

THere was a few rain showers that passed over me. No black clouds or lightening.
I did have some lightening and black clouds hit at my house while I was cleaning the boat.
Jsmoke was heading out when I was heading home. He can tell you more about the weather after lunch time.
It was windy all day. Weather man said it was going to calm down around mid morning. WRONG...
I should have headed farther South, but I didn't want to do any more pounding than I did already.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Ling

Quote:
THere was a few rain showers that passed over me. No black clouds or lightening.
I did have some lightening and black clouds hit at my house while I was cleaning the boat.
Jsmoke was heading out when I was heading home. He can tell you more about the weather after lunch time.
It was windy all day. Weather man said it was going to calm down around mid morning. WRONG...
I should have headed farther South, but I didn't want to do any more pounding than I did already.
thanks for the info
Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Redfish

Cash: 736
Default Amen

Same here Ray, seems all the fish are in the channel, jetty's , or offshore. We wore them out Saturday and Sunday offshore.

Tried the lake today and fished till 9:30 and tried 5-6 spots just throwing top waters with nothing to talk about. Dirty water evrywhere we went in the lake.

Quote:
Headed out of Cal. Point around 5:50 or so. Went to the Old Jetties and took a beating all the way over there. Too rough to fish there, so I fished outside the T-boy McCall weirs. Not a bite, no bait jumping. Water was not clear, but not chocolate either. Could see maybe 6 inches or so.
Then headed inside the Grand Bayou weirs. Got checked by the game wardens. Should have seen the boats pulling anchors and drifting back into the canal when they saw the LDWF boats.
Fished the hole to the east of the canal. Caught two 20 inch specks, 1 small Flounder and 1 big azzed Sheephead. Then it stopped.
Potlicked Jordan's spot, not a bite. But while fishing the area, some guy in a home made aluminum boat blasts by me like I wasn't there. Passed about 10 ft. from me. He had 2 PVC pipes sticking up by the motor and water was shooting out the pipes(homemade livewell?) as he was running the boat.
Headed out of Grand Bayou and got checked by the game wardens AGAIN.
Headed to the Salt Ditch to get out of the wind. Muddy water, but I tried anyway. Rain ran me out of there.
Went to the LNG canal and fished the South bank and caught a 14 inch dink and a 22 inch'er. This was the only clear water I could find today. Winds were not that bad in there either. After catching those 2 fish back to back, I couldn't get another hit.
Went back to Cal. Point to clean my fish and another game warden came and checked out my catch. There was 3 game warden trucks with trailers hooked on in the parking lot and another 2 trucks without trailers.
When I got back to my truck, I saw that someone hit my trailer, took out the right tail light. Broke the welds that held the bracket to the trailer.
I was the second boat to launch. There was only 2 trucks and trailers in the lot when I took off. How can someone hit my freaking trailer in that big azzed lot with only 2 of us parked there?
There was a big gap between me and the game wardens. Not sure if someone hit it when parking or when leaving.
Gonna eat some fried fish tonight and bbq some tomorrow for lunch.
It was a rough mudder out dare today. I am going to give up fishing when the winds are high. It kills my back. I'm getting old.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Great White

It was too rough for topwater. In my opinion. I had one tied on a rod, just in case.
I was ready for anything.
I had one rod with topwater.
One rod with a leadhead.
One rod with a popping cork.
And one rod Carolina rigged.
I did best with the Carolina rig.

It's just not fair that you bastids get all the good weather.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
It was too rough for topwater. In my opinion. I had one tied on a rod, just in case.
I was ready for anything.
I had one rod with topwater.
One rod with a leadhead.
One rod with a popping cork.
And one rod Carolina rigged.
I did best with the Carolina rig.

It's just not fair that you bastids get all the good weather.
LMAO.....when you going back to work,we need some more good weather.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Great White

I am off for another week and a half. It sucks to me me...
Old 08-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 649

Ray, it looks like we may have a small window of decent weather Monday, tuesday & wednesday.

I went out after I talked to you yesterday. I got checked @ the place you told me they were gonna check me. I only caught a few small reds. Water was rough as hell just like you said. Maybe the wind will settle down early next week.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Great White

I have to do some work for a shrimper in Cameron Monday, since the shrimping season will be closed a couple weeks. Tues. and Wed. will be reserved for some extreme fishing, unless something terrible(like weather or death in the family) breaks in and screws that up.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 649

Let me know. I'm always ready. My kid got his tonsils removed yesterday but you'd never know it by the way he is running around the house eating pudding & tearing everything up!
Old 08-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Great White

Will do. Hope the dang weather gets betta.