SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 04-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065
Default Saline-Larto first time trip (3/29-3/31)

Better late than never I guess. We stayed at Uncle Bud's on Larto during these dates. I really like the lake and the facilities. It is underdeveloped and all about the fishing. There is not a lot of boat traffic. The first afternoon me and my wife caught two sac-a-lait. She got her line hung around the motor.....As I was untangling it and she was sitting down reading, the boat was drifting. One of my other lines was hanging over the side of the boat and all of a sudden nearly left the boat! It was a nice sac-a-lait. The bites were mostly like that during our weekend. Far, few between and random. No discernable pattern. We came out with 14 sac-a-lait, mostly caught around the pier. Caught on Jigs and shiners.

What was neat though is that the last day or two the giant bream turned on. We kept 50 nice ones. My buddy had about 80. The other group we had with us had about 60. I am talking filet size too. Everyone was stroking the bream. We also had 16 catfish. All of those suckers had eggs too.......

People at Uncle Bud's are good people too. I will definitely be going back.