SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #15  
Old 05-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Gerald Gerald is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lake Charles / Moss Bluff
Posts: 4,648
Cash: 4,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
There are different types and sizes of extinguishers, depending on the size of the boat.
There is a letter designation on the side of the extinguisher that tells you what size boat it goes on.
  • Up to 26': One B-I size extinguisher. Fire extinguishers are not required on outboard-powered pleasure boats less than 26' in length, not carrying passengers for hire, without permanently-installed fuel tanks, that do not have spaces where explosive or flammable gasses or vapors can collect.
  • From 26' to 40': Two B-I extinguishers (or one B-II extinguisher)
  • From 40' to 65': three B-I extinguishers (or one B-I and one B-II)
These are the minimums to pass the Coast Guard inspection if you get boarded.
Ray..... I don't think this correct. I will have to do some checking. I think a fire extinguisher is required on any size boat if there is a space where fumes could be contained. The type of gas tank does not matter. I know that I have been ask to see my fire extinguisher by Game Wardens and Coast Guard in my 15' boat.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map